IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Charge Notice from UK Car Park Management

WARNING! ——Parking Scam at North Middlesex Hospital—— WARNING!

UK Car Park Management have sent a Parking Charge Notice to my wife after obtaining her details from the DVLA.
I have been driving her to appointments at the North Mid for years.
She is a Blue Badge holder. We display the badge each time we visit and do not pay to park.
We were not aware that the system had changed to one of number plate recognition and Blue Badge holders have to register at the main reception.
Now we have to go through the palaver of either challenging or ignoring this speculative invoice.

I have learnt that some people have even paid for parking, neglected to get a receipt, and also received a charge notice!

Thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    complain to PALS and get it (them) cancelled
  • bergkamp
    bergkamp Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 December 2017 at 3:47PM
    First port of call PALS;

Complain strongly that they must get it cancelled for you.
  • bergkamp
    bergkamp Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 December 2017 at 8:09PM
    Link not working.
  • Thank you. I shall contact PALS
  • Kieran_C
    Kieran_C Posts: 34 Forumite
    Good news. Appeal accepted. Charge cancelled
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Easy when you know how! Thanks for coming back to update.

If you have not done so already, perhaps you might consider, while your anger is still simmering, writing to your MP to tell them about this intimidation. The fact they cancelled it is ONLY because we told you who to complain to, in time.

It's still extortion, IMHO.

This is a copy of a post by Bargepole:
    "Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."

and

- please read and join our 'Call for Action' if you haven't already - simply submit evidence of private parking rip-offs to Which? Magazine, as they asking again for consumer problems for them to tackle as a subject, in 2018:

https://whichcouk.bsd.net/page/s/which-taking-on-2018

Which? and the Consumers' Association are pretty good at hitting the government with consumer problems, and the Consumers' Association in fact supported Barry Beavis in his case v ParkingEye (sadly lost - seemed like money talks, to some of us). I believe they (the Consumers' Association) are able to make 'super complaints' on behalf of lots of consumers. So, please add to the weight of this call.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure