MSE News: MSE reveals the best and worst energy firms for customer service

in Energy
5 replies 1.8K views
Former_MSE_Megan_FFormer_MSE_Megan_F Former MSE
418 Posts
Newshound!
✭✭
The number of customers ranking their energy company's customer service as 'poor' has increased across the board, according to our latest poll of MoneySavingExpert.com users...
Read the full story:
'MSE reveals the best and worst energy firms for customer service'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Read the latest MSE News
Flag up a news story: [email protected]
Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail

Replies

• I_luv_catsI_luv_cats Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSE are the pitts, I dread it when I have to contact them :eek:

They take ages (too long) to reply in writing and seem to skirt around issues even when you re-ask your question! :mad:

They don't deserve customers. :(
  • mac.dmac.d Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty pointless unless you state how many votes were cast for each company. It's a lot easier for a company with 100 votes to get a better rating than it is for one who had 1000.
  • edited 28 December 2017 at 10:10AM
    staggeredstaggered Forumite
    344 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 28 December 2017 at 10:10AM
    mac.d wrote: »
    Pretty pointless unless you state how many votes were cast for each company. It's a lot easier for a company with 100 votes to get a better rating than it is for one who had 1000.

It's also easier for them to get a bad rating - it only takes a handful of people rating them "poor" to send them to the bottom of the table.

I'm surprised at the size of the fall since March. Slightly suspicious, in fact. Was the question posed differently this time around? Did the survey get more publicity?

For some suppliers, the results aren't quite as bad as they have been - in previous suveys, some had more than 50% rating them "poor".

Whatever way you look at it, though, the results are appalling. NPower, Scottish Power and British Gas have millions of customers yet around 40% of them rate them "poor" (and half of the rest only "ok"). Why on earth do these people stay with them?

I'm not surprised that one of the companies used their Trustpilot rating to dispute the result. Trustpilot ratings are utterly meaningless - companies pay for positive reviews to be posted and get Trustpilot to delete negative ones. It's a total scam and any company that uses their Trustpilot rating to advertise their business should be treated with suspicion.
  • ConsumeristConsumerist Forumite
    6.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Bulb, Octopus Energy and Tonik Energy made up the rest of the top four and were all new entrants to our table."
    The problem with new entrants is that their capacity for expansion is questionable. If great numbers of customers swap to these new companies, how long will it be before they just can't cope and their customer service becomes overwhelmed?

What will their customer service rating be like in a year or two?
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • grumpycrabgrumpycrab Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with new entrants is that their capacity for expansion is questionable.
    Eg Iresa. Trying hard (going through all gas accounts over Christmas on order of OFGEM). But just cannot seem to get it quite right. (As an existing Customer, I'm being positive!). OK, Customer Service is NUL. (Programmers will get this.)
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides