Can I transfer money from regular saver to current account?

Options
I have a regular saving account of HSBC, however, I wish to move money from it to the current account, could I do it before the regular saver mature?

Comments

• enjoyyourshoes
    Options
    If you move it before the maturity I think you will loose all the interest. Depending on how much you have saved over what period of time it may be unto £98. But there is a online tool that can calculate this if you are desperately in need of the monies.

Contact them to double check, email, phone, online chat.
    Debt is a symptom, solve the problem.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You generally won't lose all the interest as this is typically paid at the end of the 12 months (or on closure) but if you withdraw the lot without closing the account you'll obviously stop generating interest on it which will affect the final amount you get at the end of the 12 months.
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can I withdraw money?
    No, you can not make partial withdrawals.

You can close your account before the end of the 12 month term however you will receive interest up to the date of closure at our Flexible Saver rate

Flexible Saver is 0.05%
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I withdraw money?

No, you can not make partial withdrawals.

You can close your account before the end of the 12 month term however you will receive interest up to the date of closure at our Flexible Saver rate.

https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/savings-accounts/regular-savings-accounts/details?HBEU_dyn_lnk=SavingsAccount_RegularSaver_FindOutMore_Btn
    The Flexible Saver pays 0.10% AER for Advance customers, even less for standard account holders.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure