🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Boots Sale

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Staff seemed busy in our local today, changing promotions etc, so maybe it will be tomorrow?

The Baby Event starts tomorrow
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 January 2018 at 8:48PM
    Options
    Wow, mines all condensed down, no real vast amounts of any one item, starting to think it's going to be a real let down.

Half the floor space of previous years.
  • Sale2018
    Sale2018 Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If the sale is tommorow, which I doubt it will be, I don't think I'm going, it's snowing here and all roads blocked. Unless I manage to park the car on the main road all set for 7.30am tommorow. My bet still on friday though!

Any update stork???
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,179 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well DS has got an invite to go for a interview at a Uni, end of Jan and I said I'll take him as DH's annual leave has only just started, whereas mine run from the summer, so as that's another Jan day I'll be asking for it off (4 of them!), it's probably just as well I didn't want the Boots sale day in addition.

I did feel this small Boots sale thread, lacked the random poster who announces it's definitely on a certain day and they know this for sure but I didn't want to tempt fate by mentioning it. :rotfl:
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    'The Dark Side' don't seem to know yet

It's been years since I've been on the Elite thread but I know exactly who you mean! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'll get another S&G £60 set if there are any around, I have to go into town anyway so I'll have a look on Friday.....or tomorrow :o
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • moneysaver890
    Options
    Not going to know whether to go on not in the morning :question: as I said the staff were busy all round our store today, changing promotions but nothing has been moved on the sale aisles. Hopefully the website will go down, but can't see that if the sale isn't going to be online
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Kinda hope it isn’t tomorrow as the weather is SO bad and black ice expected in the morning!
    But hey ho hopefully someone will do a reccy in their PJs or a Bopts employee will let us in on a secret or it’ll not be tomprrow and we’ll do this again Thursday night
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not going to know whether to go on not in the morning :question: as I said the staff were busy all round our store today, changing promotions but nothing has been moved on the sale aisles. Hopefully the website will go down, but can't see that if the sale isn't going to be online

The website often goes to a holding page in the middle of the night, sale or no sale, it did last Wednesday.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, I've just looked at the half price sale on Boots and must say I've seen nothing of interest even with 70% off it's still expensive!

Mum's last words when I spoke to her earlier were, please don't get me anymore coffret sets! I think my family are fed up with their gift sets.......
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • 6969annw
    6969annw Posts: 449 Forumite
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Well, I've just looked at the half price sale on Boots and must say I've seen nothing of interest even with 70% off it's still expensive!

Mum's last words when I spoke to her earlier were, please don't get me anymore coffret sets! I think my family are fed up with their gift sets.......

even though my family wouldn't say it and I try and give them different things every year I think they're probably thinking the same lol think i'm only going to get stuff for myself this year and a few bits I can make into teacher hampers this year if I can actually be bothered to go
    2012 - must pay off last CC and maybe overdraft then debt free woop!!
    Jan wins - Craft stamp, Planet Dinosaur book, Clover butter, nail foils
    Good luck all compers :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills