* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Welcome back SAMMYKAYE, so sorry to hear what happened in December, I thought something must be wrong. I hope this year will be happier for all of you.

STOKIE thanks for the pic, I’ll have a look at the Argos one, it looks like it would be ok for me so I could put it on my list :D

GYD the acrylic for your bathroom sounds amazing, fabulous idea.

OMG ALJA, Caramac buttons! I know where I’m heading tomorrow!
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't they sound great Peppapig! I'm on a bit of a diet at the moment, so I sadly didn't buy myself any. I have no will power to save them for Christmas! Haha :)
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Welcome back Sammy sorry that you haven't had the best of time recently. Can't believe you have seen the chocolate tubs already :eek: :eek: :rotfl:

My mum messaged me last night and told me it was 19 weeks until Christmas Day and told me to get shopping :rotfl: - haven't told her how much I have already done. She is retiring soon so looking forward to more christmas shopping trips than we would usually have.

Found a good groupon deal for football figures for 6 year old nephew so that's him ticked off.

Need to think about Niece's birthday next though really...i am in full Christmas mode and forget there are still birthdays to buy for. Oops.

Have a good day all
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I bought Mum’s birthday pressie and a lovely set of tea light holders in The Range yesterday. They had some lovely things, I could have spent a fortune if only I’d had it. Anyway, I think I’m going to split the tea light holders up, add a scented tea light (Ikea) and that’s my token pressies done for the chemo girls I meet up with for lunch each month.

I also saw a lovely set of storage stools like old petrol cans and stuff (looks better than it sounds) that DD1 fell in love with. Can’t get them at the mo due to cash flow but might go back for them to put away for her birthday in December.

Feeing quite festive now, especially as it’s raining today so I might get some Christmas crafting done.

ALJA no chance if chocolate making it to tomorrow here, let alone Christmas! :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • creative_gal
    Options
    I really should have been keeping up with this thread, but real life has got in the way a bit too much. Work has been busy, I've a work based qualification coming up, and, amongst other fun activities, my husband, parents and I went to see Matilda the musical recently as part of last year's Christmas present to us. It was excellent.

On the Christmas shopping front, I've managed to get a couple of things- a star wars millennium falcon from HMV of all places, at a good reduction, for a family friend's boy (I think both he and the family friend will love it!), and in John Lewis' sale, a snowman baby bracelet rattle for a very special arrival in September. (Not mine, I hasten to add, but a very dear friend of mine.)

I can't wait to get properly stuck into the Christmas shopping, I've got some cash earmarked specifically for Christmas that I took out of our savings along with holiday spending money. (June seems an awfully long time ago now!)
  • alja
    alja Posts: 838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had some Christmas gift bags arrive today. Thankfully most of them were paid for with gift voucher money I had leftover. I have 12 of them, so I will use 6 for the presents I'm doing for my friends (candles and caramac tubes so far!) ..I have just enough space left in them for a few sweets and a Christmassy chocolate of some kind when they hit the shops...

However, I did spot the round chocolate tubs in my local Mr T today too!

I really need to start getting stuck into present buying soon, but I have so much money being paid out for things at the moment (especially our expensive holiday), so even though I have some savings, I just feel a little bit "spendy" at the moment. The MSE in me is feeling like I need to hold back a bit for the moment! Haha!

I did try to sell some clothes lately but not much shifted. So I might just get one or two presents here and now, until the big things are paid off a little more :)
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening everyone, its lovely reading through and seeing you are all getting into Christmas mode :D I bought a red tablecloth last week and have bought a tin of chocolate wafer biscuits to put away this week. I did order some vegetable crisps on offer but the flipping bbd was beginning of December so I had to eat them!! :D We finally got someone in to clear a good pile of stuff in the garage rather than get a skip it worked out cheaper, we just need to keep it up now!

KERRIGT haha of course I didn't think of the water not getting through the pond liner was just thinking of the weeds the other side, thankyou for pointing that out. I also hang different decs on my led tree throughout the year for different occasions it looks lovely

VULPIX thankyou I will look into the membrane more closely and weigh out my options

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY ooh I will have to check if our Clas Ohlsen is closing down

CHRISSYG oh your poor DD coping with all those fits in that space of time, hope she is ok at the moment. Your Christmas market trip sounds great!

PEPPAPIG lol that made me giggle starting your DGD on a Pinterest addiction

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • mrsinvisible
    mrsinvisible Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    Options
    welcome back returnees, (feel a bit like one myself). Still busy with conservatory and kitchen refit, Got some lovely voile curtains for the conservatory (all 10 pairs) and have ordered net rods for them, but had a Eureka moment and may turn them into roman blinds instead. Big Bro is starting on my kitchen on Monday so l wont move any furniture into conservatory yet, give him space to work. DS2 got his hearing aid on Monday, so far so good. DD had her stitches out on Tuesday. Friend had his cystoscopy on Wednesday 3 different hospitals/surgery on 3 days, l know how to have fun. Found a pattern for crochet flower bookmarks, and thought they would make nice gifts for token presents, (unless they use kindles), so shall start a couple off today and see how they look. other than that, no Christmas stuff.
    Oh No to the chocolate tubs..... l have just managed to lose the lbs they added to my weight last year!!
    Who said 'caramac buttons'? where are they? DS1 used to love caramac, maybe some in his stocking this year.
    Have a good weekend everyone, 129 days to go.
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options

Thank you :T some nice bits on here and not too expensive
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills