Sky new customer deals

in Phones & TV
6 replies 1.7K views
Hi, i’m Looking at moving to sky from Virgin. What’s the best deals you have got recently? I’m looking at 1tb box with additional mini box plus sky fibre max. They have quoted me £30 one off costs and £77 a month inc kids and HD with free box sets. Is this a good deal?

Thanks

Replies

• teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    jonomassey wrote: »
    Hi, i’m Looking at moving to sky from Virgin. What’s the best deals you have got recently? I’m looking at 1tb box with additional mini box plus sky fibre max. They have quoted me £30 one off costs and £77 a month inc kids and HD with free box sets. Is this a good deal?

Thanks
    They are offering poor deals to current customers asking to cancel, whereas last year they were offering up to 75% off with a credit too.

Boxed sets are now only £5 on top of the basic £20 for Entertainment (The old Variety less the children's part, now sold as Kids add on for £5).

Current customers keeping the use of their 'old' HD+boxes, will get a lower price, than a new customer, as they don't need to pay for the hire of the Q equipment and it's installation.
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    jonomassey wrote: »

Thanks

Even if it includes Sports, I think its a c**p deal!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    teddysmum wrote: »
    They are offering poor deals to current customers asking to cancel, whereas last year they were offering up to 75% off with a credit too.

Boxed sets are now only £5 on top of the basic £20 for Entertainment (The old Variety less the children's part, now sold as Kids add on for £5).

Current customers keeping the use of their 'old' HD+boxes, will get a lower price, than a new customer, as they don't need to pay for the hire of the Q equipment and it's installation.

50% plus £25 credit (which seems the norm) isn't poor. The 75% was only for people who had actually left was it not?

The basic price of Entertainment is £25 (not £20), if you want Boxsets it's another £5 but HD is not part of Boxsets anymore under the new package and that would be another £5 if you wanted it (that's the only reason we have Boxsets in fact).
  • edited 25 December 2017 at 4:52PM
    teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 25 December 2017 at 4:52PM
    50% plus £25 credit (which seems the norm) isn't poor. The 75% was only for people who had actually left was it not?

The basic price of Entertainment is £25 (not £20), if you want Boxsets it's another £5 but HD is not part of Boxsets anymore under the new package and that would be another £5 if you wanted it (that's the only reason we have Boxsets in fact).

It states that £20 is for new customers or those recontracting, which I read as £20 if you agree to another 12/18 months and £25 if you just let it run after the offer ends.

The 50% offers were before the rehash,so I wonder if they are still being made and how they are restricted eg didn't cover HD or multiroom, before

The 75% was mainly for those of us who left, but believe a few argued for it on the grounds that it saved sky the hassle of cancelling and reinstating.

I'm wondering about the HD, as that included with Boxed Sets didn't give HD for sports , which cost an extra supplement. Is this £5 HD needed to access any HD programmes or that needed for sports ?

50% didn't impress me, as 60% was the old 'good ', and for the amount watched beyond free to view it's not good value for me. I refused 50% last year, too, and left, but 75% plus £100 was a very satisfactory lure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    It states that £20 is for new customers or those recontracting, which I read as £20 if you agree to another 12/18 months and £25 if you just let it run after the offer ends.

Having a look at the T&C's at http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/ seems to indicate that you can in fact sign up to a rolling monthly contract albeit at full £25 price. I'll bet that would confuse the agents.
    Sky Entertainment: £20 per month (pm) with a new 18 month minimum term. Standard price applies when not signing up to a new minimum term or outside of minimum term. Standard price: £25pm.

I'm wondering about the HD, as that included with Boxed Sets didn't give HD for sports , which cost an extra supplement. Is this £5 HD needed to access any HD programmes or that needed for sports ?

The £5 HD option is for the HD Entertainment channels (Sky 1, Sky Atlantic ect) that aren't already free such as BBC, ITV ect.

The Sports HD option is still a cost addition of £6 (according to the link above), that may be a typo and it should be £5 as there's usually quite a few typo's in there.
    Sky Sports in HD: £6pm on top of your sports subscription if you take 1, 2 or 3 channels or the Complete Sports Pack.
  • teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having a look at the T&C's at http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/ seems to indicate that you can in fact sign up to a rolling monthly contract albeit at full £25 price. I'll bet that would confuse the agents.

The £5 HD option is for the HD Entertainment channels (Sky 1, Sky Atlantic ect) that aren't already free such as BBC, ITV ect.

The Sports HD option is still a cost addition of £6 (according to the link above), that may be a typo and it should be £5 as there's usually quite a few typo's in there.
    Last time they had a change about, chunks of the website were not updated, leading to conflicting information.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides