British Gas credit refund

denwyn
denwyn Posts: 193 Forumite
We recently moved house and went through the correct procedure with British gas on closing our gas and electric accounts. I have received a final bill showing we have a credit of £180, and telling us it will be paid back into our bank account. That was two weeks ago and still nothing has been paid. I did speak wit them the other day and they assured me it was being paid into my yesterday 22.12. Well its not been paid. I am not at all happy with this, they took the payments quick enough for the energy and the boiler maintenance contract, the boiler contract was refunded quite quickly, Phoning them is a real pain, long waits on the phone before you get through. Is there any other way I can speed this payment up

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Make a written complaint.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,217 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hengus wrote: »
    Make a written complaint.

And write COMPLAINT at the top so it is obvious it is a complaint and not just a general comment
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    denwyn wrote: »
    We recently moved house and went through the correct procedure with British gas on closing our gas and electric accounts. I have received a final bill showing we have a credit of £180, and telling us it will be paid back into our bank account. That was two weeks ago and still nothing has been paid. I did speak wit them the other day and they assured me it was being paid into my yesterday 22.12. Well its not been paid. I am not at all happy with this, they took the payments quick enough for the energy and the boiler maintenance contract, the boiler contract was refunded quite quickly, Phoning them is a real pain, long waits on the phone before you get through. Is there any other way I can speed this payment up

Similar problem. Moved into new property served by gas and electricity BG prepay meters and switched to Scottish Power whereupon BG set the meters to credit mode. BG quoted 8 weeks to refund the £56.41p credit on the meters. No joy yet. I'll give them another 2 weeks due to the holiday period and then I'll start screaming COMPLAINT!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure