Bitcoin's gone a bit quiet

Options

Comments

• fun4everyone
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    I shouldn't worry; Zoopla's valuations are absolutely meaningless.

Repeated to a factor of infinity.
  • Fatbritabroad
    Options
    Repeated to a factor of infinity.
    Weird they're fairly accurate round ours. 490000 valuation and official mortgage valuation with visit of 480000
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,226 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I've always thought that Zoopla's valuations would be as useful as knowing my 'credit score is xxx' so thought I'd put it to the test. Got all the way through inputting details only to find I have to sign in with either Facebook (which I don't do;)) or Google.

As I CBA, I'll continue to hold my opinion, which is based on a secret algorithm, just like Zoopla:D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I've always thought that Zoopla's valuations would be as useful as knowing my 'credit score is xxx' so thought I'd put it to the test. Got all the way through inputting details only to find I have to sign in with either Facebook (which I don't do;)) or Google.

As I CBA, I'll continue to hold my opinion, which is based on a secret algorithm, just like Zoopla:D
    You do not need to log in! You only need your postcode.
    https://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,226 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Economic wrote: »
    You do not need to log in! You only need your postcode.
    https://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/

Thanks Economic

The one I had used was 'Get a Zoopla Estimate' here, and at the end of the process I was asked to log in.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/home-values/

I've just used your link and it estimates my house to be worth £686k, which is interesting as it is on the market substantially below that, and we've had no offers:cool:.
  • fun4everyone
    fun4everyone Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I've just used your link and it estimates my house to be worth £686k, which is interesting as it is on the market substantially below that, and we've had no offers:cool:.

Interesting info thanks badger. I already had my own pet theory that Zoopla panders to home owners and estate agents by deliberately inflating prices and your story is a piece of evidence in favour of that...

Good luck with the sale.
  • BananaRepublic
    Options
    Interesting info thanks badger. I already had my own pet theory that Zoopla panders to home owners and estate agents by deliberately inflating prices and your story is a piece of evidence in favour of that...

Good luck with the sale.

That may well be true, I honestly do not know. What I do know is that there is not much logic to house prices. Locally a house sold for a rediculously low price, about £100,000 below similar houses at the same period. And I can think of a house that went for £50,000 more than I thought reasonable. When I was looking for a house, I often guessed the actual sale price, but sometimes not. The local estate agents seem quite good at estimating prices. However a lot of local houses are knocked down so they can build an estate, and that will skew sale prices.
  • grey_gym_sock
    Options
    i suspect zoopla is just not very accurate at valuing individual properties.

looking at its valuations for 1 block of flats, where i happen to know that almost all flats are almost identical in size, zoopla's valuations for those very similar properties vary vastly, with their highest valuation more than 50% higher than their lowest.

however, if you exclude the highest few and lowest few valuations, the remainder are in a fairly tight range. that range might be about the right valuation. so zoopla might be reasonably accurate in aggregate.
  • moneyfoolish
    Options
    Not that my house will ever be sold until my wife and I both snuff it but Zoopla values it at £428,000 whereas Mouseprice values it at £460,000.
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance, but isn't this thread about Bitcoin?

:-)
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure