Barclays PPI

I have been trying unsuccessfully to get Barclays to prove I did not have ppi on a loan from 1992. Several attempts to ask them to provide evidence I did have ppi - I do not have the paperwork - have been unsuccessful. They have now said as they can not prove I either did or did not have ppi then the claim is closed.
During my contact with Barclays, they initially said I did not have ppi. They then sent me a copy of my records which showed that according to them, the loan may have had ppi. When I asked them to do a manual search they said that they can't locate a policy in my name. What else can I do? They seem to change their view in each response.

Comments

• If they no longer have evidence, and neither do you, you're out of options.

You could gamble £10 on a SAR if you're feeling lucky. But everything should have been destroyed sometime in the last century.
  • I thought as much. Never done a SAR before. Any tips? As Clint said" do you feel lucky, punk"
  • You send them a tenner and say you want all data they hold on you, under a Subject Access Request. Nothing more than that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure