Virgin Money - hiding closed accounts?

Options
Does anyone know if it is possible to hide closed accounts on the Virgin Money online banking?

It's nice that they are still accessible, but it would make sense to group them near the bottom of the screen. Wasn't a problem before as the closed accounts just happened to appear last in the list. But now my matured regular savers are getting in the way of other accounts.

Comments

• pip895
    pip895 Posts: 1,178 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you actually closed them or just emptied them? Not familiar with Virgin money but could you rename the closed accounts puting an x in front for instance?
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pip895 wrote: »
    Have you actually closed them or just emptied them? Not familiar with Virgin money but could you rename the closed accounts puting an x in front for instance?
    Actually closed. I don't think they allow them to be renamed.
  • MarkFromCornwall
    Options
    You can rename a closed account. Bring up the transactions and the rename option is on the right hand side of the screen.

This doesn't achieve what you want because the sort order still uses Virgin's account name not yours, but at least yours then appears in grey which serves as a reminder that it's a closed account.
  • IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    You can rename a closed account. Bring up the transactions and the rename option is on the right hand side of the screen.

This doesn't achieve what you want because the sort order still uses Virgin's account name not yours, but at least yours then appears in grey which serves as a reminder that it's a closed account.

I renamed all my closed accounts as "Closed" but you're right, it doesn't alter the order in which they appear and I can't find any way to do that.
  • pip895
    pip895 Posts: 1,178 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lloyds sorts on your name which is a lot more useful. I also think once the account is closed it disappears so that's another difference.
  • bowlesbargain
    Options
    I emailed Virgin and asked them to do what you ask, they say its not possible. I have about 6 accounts showing that have been closed. Its so annoying it prevents me opening further ISA accounts with them as I cannot see the wood for the trees. Let me know if they change there mind
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I emailed Virgin and asked them to do what you ask, they say its not possible. I have about 6 accounts showing that have been closed. Its so annoying it prevents me opening further ISA accounts with them as I cannot see the wood for the trees. Let me know if they change there mind

I've just renamed my closed accounts as suggested by IanManc.

The Virgin account name still appears in red, but underneath mine now read CLOSED so, apart from the 0 balance, its obvious which are closed. Would that help you avoid any mistakes?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure