Why aren't Sky trying to win me back?

Options

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MrsWenger wrote: »
    I gave notice just after Christmas. Tried retention team, their best offer was £49.95 for full TV, I had previously been paying £32. 30% offer showing online. No contact from Sky by telephone but i have had a survey emailed to me to complete asking why I cancelled. Will see if that triggers any further correspondence.

Surveys have made no difference in the past. My offer was 50% at cancellation time and since has stuck at 30%. Someone refusing 50% is unlikely to accept 30% off and two months one, I'm doing fine without Sky or any such as Netflix etc.
  • quoit
    quoit Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    I was on 60% discount on the whole TV package apart from movies. Deal was due to expire in Feb 2018.

I cancelled in late August when Sky's billing went haywire and I was being charged full price for the sports part of the TV package.

Was phoned by Sky retentions in September and offered a 12 month extension sweetener at 60% discount which I refused as I didn't wish to commit to another 12 months.

Been switched off now for just over 3 months.

Initial online offer was 30% discount throughout October and November.

Online offer was then increased to 40% discount in December when I clicked on the 'Have you left in the last 12 months?' menu option.

I've now received an offer in the post of 50% discount on all packages apart from the Entertainment package which is bizarrely offered at a 45% discount (£11 per month instead of £20).

I was also being phoned by Sky retentions relentlessly during the few weeks in December running up to xmas (3 or 4 times a day) but I just ignored them.

Happy with Freesat and Netflix for the time being and in no rush to return to Sky.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    I must have timed my cancellation just right. I cancelled my TV (Entertainment/Sports) during August. They offered me 50% deal for TV, some credit on a rolling contract. I accepted it.

Seem to be playing hard ball at the moment with deals that people are being offered.

I am waiting for sky to increase their b/band and phone costs so that I can cancel my contract with them (NOTE : It is separate from my TV contract) and see what other deals that I can get.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »

I am waiting for sky to increase their b/band and phone costs so that I can cancel my contract with them (NOTE : It is separate from my TV contract) and see what other deals that I can get.

VERY important not to cancel telephone/bband package with Sky - find alternative supplier first -let them set up switch over and when you have date for change ,phone Sky to tell them you are leaving because of price rise -if you actually cancel with Sky you might lose your connection for a period of time which could be from a couple of days ....to several weeks:eek:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    VERY important not to cancel telephone/bband package with Sky - find alternative supplier first -let them set up switch over and when you have date for change ,phone Sky to tell them you are leaving because of price rise -if you actually cancel with Sky you might lose your connection for a period of time which could be from a couple of days ....to several weeks:eek:

And your phone number for ever.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    And your phone number for ever.
    brewerdave wrote: »

I know as I have done this many times.
  • Jimmithecat
    Options
    I cancelled January 2017 as sky failed to offer me an acceptable package - I had been with them for 12 years.
    I had one phone call about a month later offering me the basic entertainment package for £8 or with box sets for £16 - I declined this as I was hoping for a better offer with box sets.
    Since then I have got monthly mail shots offering me £16 package (60%) bit nothing else.
    We bought a £12.99 now box from Argos with 3 months entertsinment then have had regular discount codes for a free month cinema, entertainment and we are also on 2 months sport for £20 pm.
    The system is not as user friendly as sky but we are watching the same programmes as before at a fraction of the cost.
    I have just ordered a bt tv box on an 18 month contract as it works out to be only £1 more a month than we are currently paying for bt sport - there has been a £69 set up fee for this however.
  • Alikay
    Alikay Posts: 5,147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We ended our Sky service a few days ago, and Sky didn't bother trying to persuade us to stay: Just a couple of calls asking for DH (account holder) when he was at work, but no real attempt to get hold of him or engage in any bargaining with me (named on account).

Result is that we now have no Sky, but are £70 per month better off. We're managing with Freesat and Netflix, but will review the situation when the F1 season starts as DH and DS's love motor sport. Does anyone know the cheapest way to get live F1 coverage?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My 30% offer is gone with the logged in page and left within 12monthslink saying they cannot make an offer unless I call.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Alikay wrote: »
    We ended our Sky service a few days ago, and Sky didn't bother trying to persuade us to stay: Just a couple of calls asking for DH (account holder) when he was at work, but no real attempt to get hold of him or engage in any bargaining with me (named on account).

Result is that we now have no Sky, but are £70 per month better off. We're managing with Freesat and Netflix, but will review the situation when the F1 season starts as DH and DS's love motor sport. Does anyone know the cheapest way to get live F1 coverage?

Buy weekly now tv sport passes through PayPal for £9.99 I think it is or in Argos, unless you want full sport then it's £34 a month
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport