postage time from Jersey to mainland UK?

Options
Does anyone know the approximate time to get a delivery from Jersey?

I ordered something that according to the seller should have arrived Saturday or Monday and it's not here yet. They posted it on Thursday, but I did think their timescales may have been slightly optimistic.

It's not Ebay and I'm not doubting their honesty, but some idea of how long these things take would be useful.

I have googled this, but to no avail and I thought this board would be the most likely to know.

Edit - I do know it's Christmas and likely to take slightly longer.

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I buy often from 7dayshop who post stuff from Jersey. It is normally about 3 or 4 working days, but I am not sure how much of that is them and how much is the post. I doubt it would take more than a day or two than second class as I am assuming it comes by air.
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks.

If it's not here tomorrow I may contact the seller and see if there is any tracking.

The purchase is time sensitive and I made sure to ask the seller if it was doable. I guess I just wanted a Christmas miracle, which is stupid where post is concerned.
  • seashore22
    Options
    This project has been domed.

I ordered the original item and the seller sent the wrong thing, but it would have taken too long to replace (coming from the US). I found this new seller and contacted them to ask about timescales. Quick response and all sounded good. Placed an order immediately and then got a message to say that they couldn't post for 2 days because they were away. Headdesk. Then postage delay.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I'm finding first class mail is currently taking 3-4 working days, and that's just within England.

When I've ordered from Jersey in the past I'd say 3 working days is the quickest it will arrive.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    What service/carrier was used. I assume it was Royal Mail?
  • seashore22
    Options
    I think it was Royal Mail.

It seems my instinct was right and the seller was a little optimistic, but I can live with that. Hopefully it will come tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the information.
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't forget that Jersey (and other CI) are prone to fog at this time of year - and that inevitably delays flights and thus post...
  • seashore22
    Options
    The parcel arrived this morning, so about 4-5 working days, which isn't bad at this time of year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure