Making money as a web-based researcher... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Options

Comments

• kirsteenatom
    Options
    i was doing fine, then on the research bit I got 3 out of the five questions right, as they were trivia that I knew but it came back I had got 6%!!! strange

Kirsteen
  • Queen.For.A.Day
    Options
    I see that AQA pays 30p per question
    (or, rather, answer!);
    does anyone know how much Texperts pay?
    Wow, lots of space here!
  • Arbie
    Arbie Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    I just passed the Texperts exam (at the third attempt) - I found that the same questions came up a couple of times, which was handy; and if you have Google and Wikipedia open and ready to go, and a calculator to hand if maths isn't your strong point, then it's not too bad. I still don't know if I've been accepted though, given the obtuse final question! I don't even know if they pay well!
  • NoAngel
    NoAngel Posts: 774 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya! I just passed texperts too, well a couple of days ago. Haven't heard from them yet though!!
  • htafc73
    htafc73 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    NoAngel wrote: »
    Hiya! I just passed texperts too, well a couple of days ago. Haven't heard from them yet though!!

I passed the test yesterday. Anyone know how long it takes them to contact you?

Regards.
  • gemtur
    gemtur Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, passed the texperts quiz and got the final Killer question!!
    my question:

What are the first 12,045,678,900, digits of pi ?

haha! a little harsh dont you think!!!
  • htafc73
    htafc73 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    gemtur wrote: »
    Hi, passed the texperts quiz and got the final Killer question!!
    my question:

What are the first 12,045,678,900, digits of pi ?

haha! a little harsh dont you think!!!

Haha, i got a question asking how many lemurs it would take to overpower an african elephant.

I received an email yesterday saying unfortunately, we are
    currently not training any new Texperts because there has been such a
    huge response for the position. However, I would be grateful if you
    would let us keep your Successful Application until our next training
    round.
  • Lou3000
    Lou3000 Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did the AQA test last year and really worked hard at it. I know someone who already works for them so I thought I'd at least have a head start. My friend said that you must read the instructions given re the word count etc as they are very strict on that.

I put my all into the test - which I had to do over a couple of days because I have two part-time jobs and actually work every weekend. The test was hard in parts but I manged to answer all the questions.

But I failed! And unfortunately, you are not given any feedback. I was so disheartened! I wondered if that it wasn't so much that I got the answers wrong, but maybe the sites I gave for where I got the answers from might not have been on their 'preferred' list. I purposefully didn't include Wikpaedia for that reason because it's notorious for including suspect facts. It wasn't until I completed the test and sent it off that the person I know who works for AQA said to me that if I got in, she tell me some of the best sites she uses for research. Too late :mad:

The other thing was that they ask you how many hours you can give to AQA. They say that evenings and weekends are their busiest time. As I said, I work over the weekends - including Friday nights - and my only spare time would be on a Sunday evening when I'd be too knackered to do anything and then I get some time in the week.

Maybe the times I could offer them where not suitable.

This info might be of help to someone! ;)
    I don't drink, don't smoke, don't go out - why aren't I rich?
    Don't worry, I'm working on it! :p
  • NotAnExpert_3
    Options
    Lou, hi

I read what you said regarding AQA, but I don't think your sources would have been the reason for not failing; I don't think they look into things that deeply. I genuinely believe, on another day, with another person marking you, you might have passed.

Sometimes, when they get so many responses, and most of them give the right answers, etc, they find it difficult to differentiate, so luck might become the determining factor. But as so many people have testified (on the other AQA thread), just apply again. Some people have got in after the 3rd attempt.

If you need any further help, just PM me.

Good luck.
  • KIRSTEN1977
    Options
    I applied to AQA and was turned down. I read the instructions and my spelling etc were all checked before I sent it away. I would love to do this. Does anyone else currently work for AQA? I would like to get in touch with anyone who does to perhaps give me some pointers for the research test Are there any other companies that do this also? I am desperate to find some paying work from home work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure