IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Secure a space POPLA appeal help

Options
Please help, I appealed after reading this forum
can i base my popla appeal based on the mistakes on this letter? they have issues an NTK dated 14 11 17
or other grounds are display notice is not according to large lettering or prominence or the colour code is not prominent or the bay is not clearly marked as compared to the bays each side (1 marked pay & display (right side) and left with the notice. the driver did pay for parking time but didn't see the signs.
Its not letting me post with image link

Extract from the appeal rejection

The Parking Attendant took clear photographic evidence of the vehicle parked in breach of the site terms
and conditions, in close proximity to one of the numerous Contractual Agreement Signs which are
displayed at the entrance to this private car park and at various highly visible points around the site. The
signs inform all drivers that "A valid Secure A Space authorised permit must be clearly displayed in the
front windscreen at all times. Vehicles displaying area specific permits must be parked in the
corresponding bay or area. Parking in marked bays only. No parking is authorised outside of a designated
parking area bay on access roads yellow lines paved area hatched or landscaped areas. Failure to park
within the above terms means you are contractually agreeing to pay a Parking Charge Notice at the
following rate - PARKING CHARGE NOTICE £100 per day or the reduced sum of £60 if payment is made
within 14 days"
In your appeal you have stated that the vehicle in question was displaying a pay an display ticket
However the contractual agreement signs at this site not only lay out the terms and conditions that all
drivers must adhere to they also detail which permit is valid for which bay. We have reviewed the images
taken at the time and found that not only was the vehicle parked directly in front of one of these signs it
was also parked in a red bay. The contractual agreement signs quite clearly state that the red bays are
for Comer Staff only and as such require a Comer Staff permit to be displayed, they also clearly state that
the white bays are for vehicles displaying a site P&D permit. As such the vehicle was parked in
contravention of the sites terms and conditions. Our contact telephone number is also clearly displayed
on all parking terms signs at the site, should you have had any queries regarding authorised parking at
the above property. We have received no such notification or contact prior to this Parking Charge Notice
being issued. It is the driver's responsibility to ensure they have read, understood and parked within the
terms and conditions of this private site
Please note that you will have been issued with a sperate Notice To Keeper due to insufficant driver
contactg detials being provided at the time of the in house appeal. The Notice To Keeper is to formally
request the driver details be provided within the time limit provided on the Notice To Keeper to have
assumed liabgilty for the charge. Any payment dates provided on that notice will have been superceded
by the payment dates instructed below
We are therefore unable to cancel the Parking Charge Notice as it was issued correctly. You now have a
number of options from which to choose

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If you mean can a keeper win at POPLA by talking about 'no keeper liability' due to issues with the NTK wording, yes. And dodgy signs, yes.

And the other things in the NEWBIES thread post #3 where the POPLA templates are.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • joystik4all
    Options
    rest of the letter
    Pay the parking charge at the prevailing price of £60 to reach us by 11 12 2017 or £100 to reach us by
    25 12 2017 Payments can be made by the following methods:
    Online at You will need your Parking Charge Notice Number and Vehicle
    Registration to hand.
    Pay by phone on Tel:01473 350423 - You will need your Parking Charge Notice Number and Vehicle
    Registration to hand.
    By post with a Cheque or Postal Order made payable to "Secure-A-Space Ltd".
    Please send to PCN Payments, Secure A Space Ltd, Hubbard Way, 2 Civic Drive, Ipswich, IP1 2QA
    Please ensure you write your Parking Charge Notice number clearly on the reverse. Do not send cash
    through the post
    2. Make an appeal to POPLA – To register an appeal with POPLA please visit
    follow their step by step instructions to submit your appeal online. Your personal case verification code is XXXXXX. Please note that if you wish to appeal to POPLA, this should be done within 28 days from
    the date of this letter and you will lose the right to pay the charge at any discounted rate (if applicable)
    Should your POPLA appeal be unsuccessful you will be required to pay the full amount of £100.00. If you
    opt to pay the parking charge you will be unable to appeal to POPLA
    3 If you choose to do nothing, we will seek to recover the monies owed to us via our debt recovery
    procedures and may proceed with Court action against you. This may incur further charges.
    You have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure. By law we are also required to inform
    you that Ombudsman Services ombudsman-services website provides an alternate dispute
    resolution service that would be competent to deal with your appeal. However, we have not chosen to
    participate in their alternative dispute resolution service. As such, should you wish to appeal then you
    must do so to POPLA, as explained above. For our full Complaints Procedure please visit
  • joystik4all
    Options
    thanks coupon-mad but i mean spelling misyakes in rejection letter
    like "liability", "separate" NTK, "insufficient"

i cant post an image provide on rejection letter to show notice.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    thanks coupon-mad but i mean spelling misyakes in rejection letter
    like "liability", "separate" NTK, "insufficient"
    Only if you allow them to counter with your misyakes.

In other words... no. ;)
  • joystik4all
    Options
    thanks keithP
    but how about the notice boards are non compliant or any other basis.
    i can't load image shortcut as i am new, any other ways to shoe the image?
  • Simon_Cullum
    Options
    I have just won a POPLA appeal against Secure A Space by using the guidance on this site, adapting some of the template letters, by going to the area and photographing the inadequate signage and by proving I wasn't the driver on the day (I was on a course elsewhere and had evidence of this) - I'm not sure which was the successful route to have taken, but here is the email I got from POPLA:

"Thank you for submitting your parking charge Appeal to POPLA.

An Appeal has been opened with the reference 7310178501.

Secure-a-space have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

Yours sincerely

POPLA Team"

Thanks to all for providing help and guidance.
    Simon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family