Rbs who to send request too

hi im very new to all this and was just wondering if anyone could tell me who i would send the initial request for bank charges to in rbs? would it be head office or my branch?

many thanks
kat

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    who i would send the initial request for bank charges to in rbs?

What type of bank charges? (the approach differs depending on the issue)
    e.g. is it packaged bank account charge or overdraft charges
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • hiya its a request for overdraft charges :)
  • KATWALSH wrote: »
    hiya its a request for overdraft charges :)
    Unless you are in the bank's definition of CURRENT Financial Hardship, there is no point even making a request.

However, if you are in such hardship you should make your case to the Bank who will then decide if a refund of (some) charges is appropriate.

Note that any refund is a goodwill gesture by the Bank and that they can choose instead to suspend further interest for a time or put your account into a debt management programme.

It doesn't matter what address you send your request, your local branch or head office is fine. Remember, the banks won their court case on unfair charges in 2009-so make no mention of the charges being unfair.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure