Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Single, six kids and going to be debt free! - Page 110

New Post Advanced Search

Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
1.1K replies 117K views

Replies

• Bluegreen143Bluegreen143 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    You are so productive! I really need to try out time blocking... I find whenever I start things my kids interrupt haha! But given my husband is off on furlough I think I need to block out specific times each day when he is watching them and vice versa. We always do better when we have a plan but right now we are usually both trying to do our own things and hoping the other person will take over the kids haha.
    Married March 2014, DS born Dec 2015, DD born Dec 2018
    July Grocery Challenge: £435 spent (food), £89 spent (household)
  • thriftyishthriftyish Forumite
    80 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hello, just popping in to say Hi! Reading your diary is making me want to get my sewing machine out although the most I've done is to sew some netting for the allotment so I'm not sure I'd know where to start. I've been time blocking too (without realising it had a name) and it's really good for getting stuff done. I am still reading but it sounds like you are on a roll, with your finances, the house and your business, and your caravan sounds fab too! 
    Starting debt @ July 2020: £3922 
    Now: £2785.61
  • Honeysucklelou2Honeysucklelou2 Forumite
    2.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s wonderful that you have a growing list of orders - well done!
    paydbx2020 #93 £1389.42/£10,025 . 1 debt 100 days 35 £493/£1820
    EF £100 . SPC 141

# savings# £46 . Oven. £344/£403 H2S £112.50
  • MumoffourkidsMumoffourkids Forumite
    1K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks and the list is still growing. I am now fully booked for three weeks and almost full for the fourth week. 

So I was going to attempt an ikea visit today but I think it will be too busy and I don’t have loads of time. So instead I’m going to chill for a bit and catch up on some sewing. I’ll go during the week to get the couple of bits that I want. It also gives me a little time to catch up on doing some bits in the caravan. I want to get the shower area cleared out and the edges of the cupboards painted. I can then put the cupboard doors back on tomorrow and start building the shower shelves next week. I am hoping to start moving some my sewing stuff into there in the week. I need a dedicated sewing space now that I can retreat to and get stuff done without being distracted!
    Emergency fund £257.38/£1000
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky you to be so near to Ikea.
    I am miles away.
    GReat news on all the orders.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I love ikea and could spend an absolute fortune in there, in fact I have spent a fortune in there. Most of our furniture has come from ikea. It is about a 30 minute drive away from me, so not too far. Also when I still lived at home, the ikea was again only about 45 minutes away from me. 

The orders are still coming through, I now have orders to fill the next four weeks! This is mad, and all just one item. I am so pleased it is going well, but now I need to not do any advertising for a while as I need to complete the orders I have already got. Two cushions are being picked up tomorrow, and I think I have at least two more being dropped off tomorrow. I have a list of things to do tomorrow which includes tidying the living room, but also doing a tip run. Going to try and clear out the garage a bit, and also get rid of the old caravan cushions. 

Then Tuesday is mad sewing day with a catch up coffee with one of my friends. My 14 year old also has a quick meeting at school. Thursday is car mot day and Friday I might go fruit picking with the 10 year old again although I think it is go in and say goodbye to her teacher for a bit. So that leaves Wednesday for an ikea run which I think it might have to be.

in money news, I renewed my business insurance today, total £56 which came from my business float. I am trying hard to keep my business money separate and keep a float in case I need to buy supplies like cushion inners. I am going to try and pay myself on 15th and 30th of each month. I am also trying to save for an embroidery machine. The load of orders I have should help with saving towards that. 
  • Been been reading along for a little while but thought I’d come out of lurkdom to say congratulations on the sewing business and also to ask if as & when you’ve cleared your backlog & have started doing memory bears/ animals would you mind letting me know if you’d be opening up your order books to a potential postal order?  I would be really interested in getting something made for my little girl from late husbands shirts. She’s only 2 so I think a bear or animal would be more appropriate than a cushion & I’d love to support your growing business  ☺️

1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for reading and delurking Northernsoul. That’s very kind of you to want to use my sewing business and I’ll definitely let you know when I am opening my order books for memory bears.

So today I have done a bit but still got a few bits to do. I have bought some thin pieces of wood to use to make shelves for the caravan, I’ve picked up some baby clothes to make cushions out of, made one cushion and had two cushions picked up. I’ve done another tip run, still got more to go though and I’ve painted the edges of the cupboard doors in the caravan, they will be going back up tomorrow. I’ve also cleaned out the shower area in the caravan and that is going to be a shelving area. 

This evening, I’m going to do the washing up, put some washing on and tidy the living room floor and sweep that. I’m also going to try and cut out the squares for the next two cushions. They are for twins and I want to get them sewn up tomorrow. I’ve also done my to do list in my diary for tomorrow, it’s split into projects or categories and I bought myself some pastel highlighters so I highlight when I have done things off my list. I think tomorrow I’m also having a catch up coffee with my friend. I need to timeblock my day for tomorrow later to make sure I am getting everything done.

Oh and I have bought some Christmas presents already! I found some on the auction site that were a bargain, so I bid and won them! I need to sort out YNAB tomorrow and move some money around from savings to current account and current account to savings. 
  • missymoo81missymoo81 Forumite
    6.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow your organised! I really am loving the sound of the caravan, I’d really like a summer house in the garden for the same sort of thing. But I’ll have to wait a couple of years until I can safely get rid of the trampoline.