Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Options

Comments

• charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd love a caravan... just to put the kids in 🤣
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,574 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new caravan  :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Queen_of_the_Hive
    Options
    The caravan sounds awesome, I can see why you've lost it to the kids for now. Great news on the PIP too, a bit more financial stability is good. 
    2024 financial goals & challenges

1). Mortgage (started Jan 2024) £119,850.53 / £122400. Overpayment total: £166.02 88% remaining.

2). #7 Save 1p a day challenge 2024 £100/£780

3). £1,758.66/£3000 in Investment ISA (22/50 investments)

4). Increase cash savings & saving pots

5). Keep debt to a minimum.

Favourite quote: 'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gunna get!' Forrest Gump
  • charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The pip is a good award considering its your first application. At least you know you don't have to worry for a couple of years.

Glad the children are enjoying the caravan,  sounds like a good investment. 
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think you may have to buy another caravan in the near future! :mrgreen: 
    It would make a great playhouse for the kids and let you get on with your sewing in peace in the one that's meant for you. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey mumoffourkids, I just thought I’d post, in on page 24 if your diary and having a lovely time reading my way through. As I said on my dairy You really are amazing And an inspiration!! Loving the sound of the new caravan! Wonder if I can get one just go out the kids in 🧐
  • Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Missy. I’m really not sure I am an inspiration but thank you for commenting. My kids do seem rather obsessed with the caravan at the moment. My youngest boy says first thing in the morning, every morning ‘can I go in the caravan?’. It is the same when he gets back from school as well.

In exciting news, the memory cushion orders have increased again by another six last night. One of the cushions I made, I sent a picture to the mum who ordered it,  she hasn’t even collected it yet but has recommended me to all her friends and I had loads of people contacting me last night about ordering. So looks like I am making cushions for the next few weeks. 

Yesterday was a good day and I got nearly everything done on my list. I have done a list for today and that includes going for a run with my friend. I am trying to do a bit of each room each day. So I have to move some furniture around and sort out the largest kids room. I also have sewing orders to do, and sorting the garden out and also caravan project. So I am listing one thing from each project on my daily to do list so that each project moves along each day and I don’t get fed up doing just one thing all day. I know it’s probably not the most productive but it seems to work for me. 

Right best get on and get youngest boy to school so I can get on with my list for today.
  • Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I have definitely got more done by doing bits on each project. I have managed to get another cushion made today, that is being dropped off tomorrow morning. I have uniforms for another three cushions to do, 10 masks to make and some more normal cushions to make. So tomorrow morning is cutting out masks time, then cut out normal cushions and at the weekend I can start cutting out the memory cushions. I am hoping to make those three by next Tuesday and then I can get paid for them. I had a target of earning £100 from sewing this month and so far I have earnt £115. I should be able to get that to £150 easily and maybe even £200 by the end of the month.

I think I have done all the furniture moving around that I needed to do, that is until I get my sewing caravan up and running and then I will be moving furniture around in my room. I still have sorting out to do, but I am slowly sorting things out. My massive to do list is going down and I feel like I am getting somewhere. 

I am slowly funding my wish farm items which is mainly power tools, then I will probably have to add some storage for the garage so I can tidy up my garage. 

I finally feel like I am slowly getting on top of stuff in this house. My finances are sorted, although the house isn’t currently where I want it to be, it is getting there slowly. I have a happy 10 year old girl, and I hope it remains this way. I think my eldest leaving has removed a lot of the stress in this house. I don’t know if it was just me and her clashing that caused the stress but I definitely feel a lot happier.
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey lovely! Super well done on the money making from sewing! Clever you! I’m so pleased your little girl is happy. Stressed families are never a good thing. You’re doing so well with everything as always x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback