PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

House has Japanese Knotweed

Options
1235»

Comments

• cloo
    cloo Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    TBH, I wouldn't worry about it. I agree with EachPenny that it would be a good idea to see the guarantee but I can't see any good coming of making an issue of it with anyone now.
  • SquirrelRM
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    If the whole site has been treated professionally and all properties have a 10 year guarantee then I'm not sure you really have a problem. If the mortgage company don't know about this then they might not be happy with the solicitor, but the usual thing would be for them to require a treatment plan and/or a guarantee, which apparently is in place, so the outcome isn't far different to what would have happened if the solicitor had told them.

Except it is arguable that the mortgage company might have refused to give you a mortgage, in which case you might not be living in the home you now have. Who has lost out? You or the mortgage company?

Personally I'd want to get hold of a copy of the guarantee and check that it is effective, and other than that I'd do nothing else.

Thank you. I guess I am just a bit annoyed that my solicitor didn’t feel it was a detail I might like to know!
  • SquirrelRM
    Options
    cloo wrote: »
    TBH, I wouldn't worry about it. I agree with EachPenny that it would be a good idea to see the guarantee but I can't see any good coming of making an issue of it with anyone now.
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport