Beware Just Fashion Now

Replies

• SystemSystem Forumite, Community Admin
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    It's a dropshipping site.. just some one working from their bedroom that has ZERO stock of anything.
    Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn't keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product, it purchases the item from a third party in China and has it shipped directly to the you. The merchant never sees or handles the product. You wait weeks for the item to arrive, and sending it back would be near impossible.
  • Hello All. I too have fallen victim to this awful site. I purchased 4 summer dresses last year. Wasn't expecting them to be the level of M & S, but at least resemble what I had ordered. They didn't, were completely the wrong size and the packaging was shoddy. I sent them back and went through the rigmarole of getting my money refunded. I had to go as far as threatening them with bad press before they gave me my money though. I've noticed some beautiful clothes, just like this lot advertised, under the name of Floryday and I'm sure they are the same company. DO NOT BOTHER!!! Not worth the effort! However, what I would like to know is, who do these lovely designs belong to? This fraudster is clearly using another firms clothing range to draw us in, but who's?
  • I saw this copany ads in the daily mail. I order 2 dresses. They somehow split my order. One dress arrives the other one never. I claim to the company that they keep insisting they delivered. They have no signature or details of the deliver. They are refusing me a refund or send me my order again. They are cheater do yourself a favour and stay away from this company.
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    32.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    I saw this copany ads in the daily mail. I order 2 dresses. They somehow split my order. One dress arrives the other one never. I claim to the company that they keep insisting they delivered. They have no signature or details of the deliver. They are refusing me a refund or send me my order again. They are cheater do yourself a favour and stay away from this company.

TBH Monica, I'd also complain to the Daily Mail.

I hope you've learned not to trust any company.
    Even one who advertises in a UK national newspaper.
  • Thanks for this post. Noticing the absence of reviews on the company's website, I did my own search which, thank Goodness, led to this forum. There were several items I considered buying, but am so relieved I saved myself money, time and energy. Thank you!
    I had to register to join as a MSE member just to post this one message but felt that it was important to say thanks for the warning.
    To the person who doubted the existence of consumers who read reviews prior to purchasing items as opposed to after the event when things go wrong/ dont arrive/ shoddy goods etc, well, we do exist!
    32.4K Posts
    Forumite
    NurseDB wrote: »
    Thanks for this post. Noticing the absence of reviews on the company's website, I did my own search which, thank Goodness, led to this forum. There were several items I considered buying, but am so relieved I saved myself money, time and energy. Thank you!
    I had to register to join as a MSE member just to post this one message but felt that it was important to say thanks for the warning.
    To the person who doubted the existence of consumers who read reviews prior to purchasing items as opposed to after the event when things go wrong/ dont arrive/ shoddy goods etc, well, we do
    Welcome to MSE.
    There's lots of other great advice about all sorts of subjects on the numerous different boards.
    NurseDB wrote: »
    To the person who doubted the existence of consumers who read reviews prior to purchasing items as opposed to after the event when things go wrong/ dont arrive/ shoddy goods etc, well, we do
    That's great.
    Let's hope the trend continues and the only posts on this thread going forward are from people just like you who have been sensible enough to check before buying from a dubious website.
  • I am a new member and have bought from China before and no problems
    Just Fashion Now are something else and should be stopped Can't believe they can do this to people who order in good faith and get away with it As for persons telling others they are stupid Shame on you
    32.4K Posts
    Forumite
    Jenny_Taas wrote: »
    I am a new member and have bought from China before and no problems
    Just Fashion Now are something else and should be stopped Can't believe they can do this to people who order in good faith and get away with it As for persons telling others they are stupid Shame on you
    Who has called someone 'stupid'?
  • I tend to look quite carefully for any Chinese company when buying online. I did get caught by one company who looked like it was European based, English was ok, it was only after I placed an order I received emails that gave Chinese customer support addresses. I tried to cancel the order immediately (I carefully looked for the company's base address before hand, only European addresses given). Days before I received a reply, saying order had already been dispatched, in spite of their daily shipping links saying it hadn't been. I wrote and told them I would refuse to accept the order so it would be returned at their cost (so please just cancel the order) but all ignored.

I did refuse the order, and thank god had paid with paypal so as soon as I had proof of refusal of order, I sent details asking for a refund through paypal, including showing I had tried to cancel order before it was even shipped.

I was refunded within a week. In spite of the company telling me I'd have to pay to return the products to China (this happened a lot, sent standard emails saying this in spite of a chain of emails I'd already sent).

Consequently I now won't order anything online unless it comes from a 'known' company based in the UK. It was a lot of hassle, they had this ridiculous system where even emails wouldn't be accepted unless headed by an order number they didn't give when placing the order, not even in the 'thank you for ordering' email they sent.

Never again.
    32.4K Posts
    Forumite
    I tend to look quite carefully for any Chinese company when buying online. I did get caught by one company who looked like it was European based, English was ok, it was only after I placed an order I received emails that gave Chinese customer support addresses. I tried to cancel the order immediately (I carefully looked for the company's base address before hand, only European addresses given). Days before I received a reply, saying order had already been dispatched, in spite of their daily shipping links saying it hadn't been. I wrote and told them I would refuse to accept the order so it would be returned at their cost (so please just cancel the order) but all ignored.

I did refuse the order, and thank god had paid with paypal so as soon as I had proof of refusal of order, I sent details asking for a refund through paypal, including showing I had tried to cancel order before it was even shipped.

I was refunded within a week. In spite of the company telling me I'd have to pay to return the products to China (this happened a lot, sent standard emails saying this in spite of a chain of emails I'd already sent).

Consequently I now won't order anything online unless it comes from a 'known' company based in the UK. It was a lot of hassle, they had this ridiculous system where even emails wouldn't be accepted unless headed by an order number they didn't give when placing the order, not even in the 'thank you for ordering' email they sent.

Never again.

MSE have various guides about buying online and specifically buying from China.
    I gave 2 links in my post #20.
    Taking the advice to "Google for feedback" brings up reviews on Trustpilot which gives 84% 'bad' - out of 2484 reviews.

And - not too far down that list - is this thread.

I'm not calling anyone 'stupid' but the warnings are out there.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides