3 Xbox One Consoles!

Last year I had some great advice when I needed 2 Xbox One consoles in the household and a great method of making 1 your home console, download the games, then logon to the other console and play the game there - only having to buy 1 copy of the game.

Its worked a treat.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5560522

Anyway, on to this years problem which definitely isnt moneysaving - the 3rd son now wants his own Xbox One and wants to play Fifa 18 with his 2 brothers!

I despair - I've missed the Black Friday discounts on Xbox One which on reflection were really good deals - I'm now clinging to the hope that a deal will come back in the next 10 days before Santa sets off.

So, are there any clever ways to deal with 3 Xbox Ones in the house or will I need to buy a 2nd copy of FIFA18!

Replies

• If you have a PC there is some sort of cloud thing you can do but I don't specifically know the details on that.

An old work colleague also used to play his PS4 on a gaming tablet he bought via Amazon so there are alternatives I think you can try, but it is probably easier to just get another Xbox One.

On the Black friday deals I did see some as low as £170 with games etc but you can grab one now for around the £200-£230 mark still.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Op if you were to get your own Xbox One you could game share with your other son and join in the fun with your 3 sons.
  • unholyangelunholyangel Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    Forumite
    Unfortunately theres no way to have the same game installed on 3 consoles (can only have 1 home console and can only be logged in on 1 console at a time so it limits you to 2 accounts playing off the same gold/game) - you'll need another gold subscription & also another copy of the game in order for him to play with the other 2.

You could always give him money and see if he can get a better deal on one in the sales?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Apparently some Asda stores are selling 1TB Xbox One S with Fifa 18 for £125, shelf label might say £299 but when scanned its coming up £125, worth a check in your local one?

(Link is to HUKD)
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/asda-xbox-one-1tb-with-fifa-for-125-instore-2852471
    June 2015 Debt - £23643 // March 2018 Debt - £1490
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member - 584
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.5K Posts
    Forumite
    Only other option is if there's a family relation who also wants FIFA 18 and who has an Xbox One.

Check hukd for FIFA deals.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ask An Expert: Rewind

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals