17 replies 5.2K views
50Twuncle50Twuncle Forumite
10.8K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
My wife has not received her Christmas bonus yet
I got my DLA bonus over a week ago
I know that it's only £10 but it's the principal !!

Replies

• KxMxKxMx Forumite
    9.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has she had a carers payment for this month yet?

If not, there is your answer.
  • 50Twuncle50Twuncle Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KxMx wrote: »
    Has she had a carers payment for this month yet?

If not, there is your answer.
    No its due on 27th (after Christmas )
    Do they not pay the £10 seperately (as DLA)?
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    9.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on ESA and got mine bundled with Dec 4th payment.

I wasn't aware they sent it separately with DLA.
  • w06w06 Forumite
    917 Posts
    haven't had mine yet (PIP) and my carer didn't know what i was talkign about so don't htink he's had his yet
  • 50Twuncle50Twuncle Forumite
    10.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It came today !!
  • cantcopecantcope Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    i usually get a letter to inform me about it but i've had nothing this year and no payment yet. my PIP isnt due until end Dec
    Last bet : 26th Oct 2006:j Debt free 25th Feb 2008:j Living "my" dream:T
  • Mine has always been paid as a separate £10 first week of December.

Not had it this year. Despite two letters recently as a change in ESA rates (social fund payments stopped) both letters said would be paid 1st week of December.

I'm on contribution and income related ESA so do get the £10 bonus. I'm also getting the underlying carers premium of £34 per week.

I called today to ask about Xmas bonus to be told it could be paid anytime until January - don't believe this, although spoke to several numpties at the DWP over the last week and all have given me incorrect information!

Several people I know on ESA have not had it either but people I know on PIP have, it was paid 4th December for them!

I think there has been a screw up somewhere. I've given up trying to make sense of DWP staff on phone. I've been overpaid £120 this week but I've spent more time queuing to talk to people that actually talking, so decided to write to them to ask them to take there overpayment back!!!!
  • john240870john240870 Forumite
    145 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I had mine for ESA on the 9th Dec
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    13K Posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WestQueen wrote: »
    Mine has always been paid as a separate £10 first week of December.

Not had it this year. Despite two letters recently as a change in ESA rates (social fund payments stopped) both letters said would be paid 1st week of December.

I'm on contribution and income related ESA so do get the £10 bonus. I'm also getting the underlying carers premium of £34 per week.

I called today to ask about Xmas bonus to be told it could be paid anytime until January - don't believe this, although spoke to several numpties at the DWP over the last week and all have given me incorrect information!

Several people I know on ESA have not had it either but people I know on PIP have, it was paid 4th December for them!

I think there has been a screw up somewhere. I've given up trying to make sense of DWP staff on phone. I've been overpaid £120 this week but I've spent more time queuing to talk to people that actually talking, so decided to write to them to ask them to take there overpayment back!!!!
    They are correct it can be paid anytime up until January. In the past i've had it as early as 2nd week December and as late as 1st week January. Thankfully it's only £10 and doesn't really go very far.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals