Options

Comments

• mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Moneybot wrote: »
    Happy Friday everybody.

No wins and still haven't received one win from ages ago. But it's the weekend, the weather should be good and I've found a bottle of Pimms I didn't know I had.

Oh Pimms :D

Many years ago a friend of mine and myself sat in a park near a river on a beautiful sunny eating a picnic and we drank a full bottle of Pimms and lemonade between us, I honestly did not know it was alcoholic until I literally fell out of my deck chair flat on my face. It is like drinking pop!!!! :o
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,467 Forumite
    Options
    mansey wrote: »
    Oh Pimms :D

Many years ago a friend of mine and myself sat in a park near a river on a beautiful sunny eating a picnic and we drank a full bottle of Pimms and lemonade between us, I honestly did not know it was alcoholic until I literally fell out of my deck chair flat on my face. It is like drinking pop!!!! :o

It's because it it usually drunk with lemonade.

I was at a charity event where this woman downed three of four and was driving home I was like :shocked:
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • bluesooz
    bluesooz Posts: 7,240 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh yes - Pimms time. You've reminded me that have a bottle somewhere, must be time to find it :j I've got frozen strawberries in the freezer I can use instead of ice cubes :D
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,467 Forumite
    Options
    bluesooz wrote: »
    Ooh yes - Pimms time. You've reminded me that have a bottle somewhere, must be time to find it :j I've got frozen strawberries in the freezer I can use instead of ice cubes :D

I like the idea of frozen strawberries - do they freeze well if you know what I mean.

I usually have frozen lemon slices for my G&T
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • bluesooz
    bluesooz Posts: 7,240 Forumite
    Options
    I grow strawberry plants so have LOTS of strawberries for a month or so! There's only so many fresh strawberries I can eat or make into jam etc so the rest get frozen. I just freeze them on trays then bag them up afterwards. They're only good for cooking, smoothies or adding to pimms as they're a bit mushy as they defrost - but good for flavour.

I have the frozen lemon slices too - don't need to dilute the drink with ice!
  • indie
    indie Posts: 3,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have just crossed number 40 off.I won a Ready One goody bag.Sweatshirt,badges,lunch box,arcade game and tote bag.
  • Dormouse1940
    Options
    Crossing off 58- a subscription. Got a wem this morning informing me I have a years online subscription to 'WeParent'. Should be interesting!

Also....still having trouble finding matching my cookery book win to a challenge. Though I didn't get objections to my 'rhymes with tat' suggestions so it might end up going down as that unless anyone can share a better idea? :o
    Living thriftily ;) most of the time
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,876 Forumite
    Options
    Post a competition from a site that has been in existence for 6+ months but there have been no posts on MSE for the site for over 12 months or the website has never been mentioned on MSE.
    The site is 6 years old and hasn't been mentioned for a least 12 months.
    E: 30/04 12pm Inky thinkings notebook (Blog Comment)

I've also completed my personal challenge of entering 1000 different Gleams/Rafflecopters.

Not sure how much to put for my custom flip phone case and my custom photo artwork either.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • lucinad
    lucinad Posts: 5,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Also....still having trouble finding matching my cookery book win to a challenge. Though I didn't get objections to my 'rhymes with tat' suggestions so it might end up going down as that unless anyone can share a better idea? :o
    have you got a little more info, maybe the name of the cookbook you have won?
    Compers challenge 2024 wins!!!!....
  • Dormouse1940
    Options
    lucinad wrote: »
    have you got a little more info, maybe the name of the cookbook you have won?

Tis 'How to Eat Brilliantly Everyday'.
    And it's a hardback, so it can't even go under the floppy challenge... :rotfl:
    Living thriftily ;) most of the time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport