PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Buying a property partly using own Ltd

Options
13»

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    eddddy wrote: »
    Well... that confused me for a moment.

This being the house buying/selling board, I thought you were referring to the North London estate agent that I used to come across. http://www.hotblackdesiato.co.uk/
    Douglas Adams was.
    http://mboard.douglasadams.com/cgi-bin/info/dnathread.cgi?1324,8
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Skag wrote: »
    I don't really care whether you are convinced :) Just think that there are contracting jobs out there that offer anything from 500-800 pounds per day.

My point is, how will you do that contract while also holding down a job that pays you £30K a year? It simply doesn't add up.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As well as wondering how these two full-time jobs are going to be held down simultaneously, I'm wondering what pays only £30k employed, but £800/day on a long-term contract.

I also wonder if the OP's heard of IR35.
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    My point is, how will you do that contract while also holding down a job that pays you £30K a year? It simply doesn't add up.

Come on. That’s nearly as silly as the OP. Just because you can’t imagine something, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen to anyone. “Personal Income from other sources” doesn’t say £30k a year full time job.

They could be investing in Bitcoin :o
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure