Bitcoin

Options

Comments

• Bonnie151
    Bonnie151 Posts: 279 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suppose I could be called a “true believer”. I bought in years ago at £10 a coin when it was very much the dark side of Bitcoin and everyone sneered at me for my foolishness. I held through the Mount Gox debacle while being sneered at even more. FWIW, I view it as a complete gamble- I could also be described as an experienced investor and this is not like *anything* else I hold. I don’t like the massive flavour of the month that is currently happening and will only serve to amplify the next big crash as new buyers panic and sell at a loss.

I’ll continue to hold for the foreseeable future (have a target price and don’t mind sitting through more catastrophic crashes), but by God, it’s not an “investment”.
    Hmmmm, need new siggie :cool:
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bonnie151 wrote: »
    I suppose I could be called a “true believer”. I bought in years ago at £10 a coin when it was very much the dark side of Bitcoin and everyone sneered at me for my foolishness. I held through the Mount Gox debacle while being sneered at even more. FWIW, I view it as a complete gamble- I could also be described as an experienced investor and this is not like *anything* else I hold. I don’t like the massive flavour of the month that is currently happening and will only serve to amplify the next big crash as new buyers panic and sell at a loss.

I’ll continue to hold for the foreseeable future (have a target price and don’t mind sitting through more catastrophic crashes), but by God, it’s not an “investment”.

Now worth 11.5k per coin. Not tempted to bolt?
  • BananaRepublic
    Options

In your shoes I'd take profits, or at least cash in half. You can't predict the future.
  • Bonnie151
    Options
    Sadly, I am greedy. I did get some for free following the fork with Bitcoin Cash (at the time, my BTC were held on localbitcoins and they eventually gave us compensation in Bitcoin). If it ever hits £30k a coin, I will sell £50k worth of my free allocation and be happy. I now suspect we will have a massive crash before then and who knows if it will recover enough to hit £30k!

If it does survive, I have a much higher target for the rest. When I originally purchased, I had 2027 in mind for that target. Who knows what will happen now- at least it’s been a whole lot of fun, no matter what!
  • Bonnie151
    Options
    I should make it clear, I don’t have millions in Bitcoin!
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like you have a pretty penny, though. Good luck to you, get as much out of it as you can. So, so envious!
  • Qubit
    Qubit Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    For anyone interested in Bitcoin i highly recommend researching it properly - https://lopp.net/bitcoin.html. Lots of resource there as a starting place. Id start with Bitcoin for Beginners by Andreas Antonopoulos.
  • Fatbritabroad
    Options
    I should make it clear, I don’t have millions in Bitcoin!
    Post for the hackers on the site there :rotfl:
  • Bonnie151
    Options
    Post for the hackers on the site there :rotfl:

Good luck to anyone trying to hack my hardware wallet. ;)
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Its over £12,500 today.

MENTAL.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing