Options
13»

Comments

• Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anthorn wrote: »
    Money saving perhaps but morally right? No. Personally, I would prefer food which is past its sell-by date to be given away for free to food banks. Selling food past it's sell-by date for 10p to anyone and everyone has to be wrong since it could be bought by those who can afford to pay more. The MSE inane poll supports that! But hey, whoever said that MSE is socially responsible? Shame on Eastern Co-op and everyone who supports them!
    It can also be bought by those who can't afford full price, but don't qualify for food banks. Food banks limit how many times an individual can be helped ( I think it's three times at my local one).
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • Eco_Miser
    Options
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Actually I think you'll find they are selling certain food past its 'best before' date, not its 'sell by ' date, which is completely different. Not to realise this is missing the fundamental point that 'best before' is meaningless for many foods. It merely encourages waste of perfectly good food. But this is all off-topic....
    I may have mis-remembered, but 'sell by' is equally meaningless.

'Best before' is an indication of when the quality of long life products starts dropping noticeably.
    'Sell By' is an indicator for the shop's stock control.
    'Use by' is the only one of serious relevance to the consumer, and indicates when short life foods may start to go off.
    Eco Miser
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    An inane poll that's developed into a food fight.

That's about right.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Not sure if it's time for another poll yet or not...

I'm too busy wondering if it's time we stopped getting so upset over posts & threads we have no interest in yet for some reason we seem unable to hit that X in the top corner & feel that responding on said thread is not an option but a requirement.
  • Eco_Miser
    Options
    And I'm wondering about the sense in reviving a three week old joke thread, but wondering even more about that x in the top corner - on my display that closes the browser.
    Eco Miser
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Eco_Miser wrote: »
    And I'm wondering about the sense in reviving a three week old joke thread, but wondering even more about that x in the top corner - on my display that closes the browser.
    Post obviously in response to me so on that note....

1) It was on the first page. I was just looking at thread titles and chose to open this one up.

I don't know ... people seem to get upset when you don't scroll back the page numbers and now they get upset when you reply to something on page 1. MSE ... where whatever you do is 'wrong'.

2) Yeah it closes the browser in mine too - that's the point. Some of the stuff that a lot of people here seem to let bother them and the degree it bothers them they really need to get off the internet ASAP. I'd hate to think how they'd react if they broke a nail or something.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    An inane poll that's developed into a food fight.

That's about right.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business