PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 5 December 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all.
    Just got back from a cleaning session at dads, I was just hoping that he would be amiable, as he has been for a few days, I was in luck. However he wasn't up to helping me today, he tries his best to help, but I can get on better and quicker on my own :). But he had to feed me a custard tart and now I feel sick, so medication taken and only a small tea for me :(. Anyway Mr Fix It dropped me off this morning and went to check on our caravan, everything ok there.
    Heard from our friends that the news from the breast cancer op isn't the best. Like Mr Fix It, the cancer has spread into the lymph node system and no one knows where it will appear next :(:(. Our friend has apparently been offered a new type of treatment, but it's a lottery whether she will be picked, so it's a bit of wait and see.
    Jasper pups poorly tummy seems to have passed over too, but as he's a "hoover" goodness knows what he'd eaten ! Probably a Xmas decoration off the tree :rotfl:.
    Right I'm off to jump in the bath as I feel dusty. Didn't have the best of nights sleep so I'm going to relax and then have an early night.
    HollyH and Cranky I hope your legs improve soon
    TA sending healing hugs
    Csarina have you tried barley water ? Hope that the UTI clears up asap.
    LW I'd be very :mad: too.
    Thanks also to NMLC and Tru
    Hope everyone enjoys the rest of Tuesday.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    Just had my dressing changed at the doctors and the nurse poured some manuka honey stuff on my leg as well as the honey dressing (the honey dressing goes under the other "keep everything in" dressing). She said some people don't like the honey stuff because it stings. Stings......it currently feels like it's burning it's way through my leg and it's going to make re-entry the other side. This had better work, whinge, whine, moan and all that...
    You wouldnt have thought of it of honey would you?
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Hello, am back from shopping, I got the items I went out for plus my secret santa for work.
    Am now yawning for Britain, which is ridiculous.
    The West Midlands area is now full of groups of people in Christmas hats, think they must have been out for lunch parties.
    I take the point about ultimatum, nothing I have not thought of but I might as well bang my head on the wall.

Speky in some areas they are called crumpets. Their proper name is pikelets though
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Get well soon to all with health problems of any kind, hugs to all.

Cold and damp here, allegedly we are to have snow later in the week.....hopefully not, I hate snow!

My turn to cook dinner tonight so we had baked potatoes, baked parsnips, baked hake, steamed mange tout and bok choi.....really nice.

DD1 organised fairy lights all over the house last night, DGD7 is fascinated by them and is showing them to everybody when they come in.

Did a big shop today, now have enough butter, milk, sugar, toothpaste, toilet rolls to keep us going until the New Year.

Stay safe whatever the weather throws at us all

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills