PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 5 December 2017

Options

Comments

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    christmas_music_zpse1961ec4.jpg
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Sleigh bells ring, are you listening
    In the lane, snow is glistening
    A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight
    Walking in a winter wonderland
    [/FONT]:xmassmile[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    In my calendar – an elf? :rudolf:

Morning :santa2: [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I slept til 7.45 ths morning – that's unheard of! I've had breakfast, sorted the chickens and put the washing machine on. I'm on my second cup of coffee and wondering if I should get in the shower now or have another coffee first. I feel tired but relaxed and very much in the mood for films on Christmas24 :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I have another load of washing to do and the shopping is coming just after lunch – my favourite time slot was full so I'm going to start booking it a week in advance. Trouble is you have to fill the trolley to the value of at least £40 so I'll have to do a fake shop then rearrange later in the week when I'll know exactly what I need.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]A couple of crochet ideas popped into my head last night so I'll be trying them today.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good morning friends :wave:

Still grey here this morning but still no ice so thats fine by me.

Had a really lovely lunch yesterday with my old new friends (IYSWIM) Its amazing how many different memories we all had of each other at school. I am not a lover of Facebook at all at the moment it just seems to be a media to brag through and the awful christmas show off posts have started already.....but it does have its positive side and this is one example of it working well. We have plans to meet up again after christmas :j

I had lovely sea bass with a lobster sauce, mash and samphire salted caramel profiteroles for pud .....not sure if there was a pattern on the plate at the start but there wasn't at the end :o

FINALLY went to Asda and picked up my christmas jumper I had ordered and I love it :)

Mum day today ...I have lots of "ready meals" for her after my big cook in this weekend. Hoping for a neutral mood at the best today.

Holly really glad its not fractured but keep resting though or you may make it worse
    RR enjoy your new kitchen :) not jealous at all:D

Have a great day all :A
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning all,

Yesterday, after work, I visited a car showroom to meet a salesman I was put in touch with. Only to find out I went to the wrong showroom. Waste of time. Then went to my Mums and helped her put up her tree before going and playing football.

Tonight, I've no plans other than to finish my ironing and hopefully do some meal prep too. Perhaps an early night as this morning was a struggle to get up.

AOD - pikelets? Never heard of them. Had to google them. Are they just the same as pancakes?
    HH - Good news about the knee! Hope it heals quickly.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Dumpling, glad you had a good weekend with Becky. HH pleased your knee is not fractured.

A dull morning, hardly light but at least its dry. I too am looking forward to 21st December when it starts getting lighter again. Clear cold, and snow cold I do not mind, but I hate it when its damp and grey and does not get properly light all day.

I am on the sick list again, another UTI arggh...... I just went doen to the Drs the waiting room was full and 6 standing, so I made an appointment for Thursday, collected 3 specimen bottles, 1 to use and 2 spares. Every one in the waiting room was coughing and sneezing, no way was I sitting waiting in that germ ridden atmosphere!! So it will be a glass of water every hour to try and flush it out before it gets too bad.

So much for cranberry juice, that certainly did not work for me.

We have the new shed coming this morning, they have been told they HAVE to bring it round the back. The installation is Friday morning anytime after 7am. Which is what we wanted in the first place. OH spent ages on the phone to them yesterday trying to sort things out. Please keep everything crossed that this one is ok, otherwise we will be asking for our money back.

I am planning on a settee day today, busy day tomorrow, coffee in the morning and then there is a Christmas get together for the over 80's at the village hall in the afternoon, the hosts are the local GP's. Its the first year they have done anything like this.

Supper tonight, beef stew and dumpling with veg, no potato's as we are having dumpling, so cauli, calabrese and carrots. The last of the crumble for dessert.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,049 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning chums!

It's very grey, misty and drizzly here. I''m another one who does not enjoy the darkness of early winter. It'll take ages to get light again but at least I know it's coming after the solstice

The washing machine is chugging away with a load of whites which I'll get on the airer upstairs before I go out for my two hour teaching session. After that I'm meeting up with a volunteer colleague for 'sort out some processes' meeting. Two committee members have recently resigned so the chain of paperwork needs reorganised.

This morning I got a call from the body shop telling me that my insurance company have given the go-ahead for the car repairs. :j Now I need to liaise with the car hire company to arrange a drop off at the same time as my own car.

When I come home there's a load of paperwork to do, some online banking to do and yet more marking. Thanks for all the supportive comments about my stress levels! I didn't retire just to wade back into so much work, I only teach four hours a week but it brings SO much admin that most of my days are filled doing it or avoiding doing it!

Now,where's TA? I hope you're recovering from the lurgy and being looked after for a change.

tru - thanks for the daily cheery-up verse.
    I hope everyone has an enjoyable and happy Tuesday.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Thanks for the song Tru, good news about the knee Holly, and AOD, I'm with Cranky on that one.

I left home at 7 this morning and I've only just got back after running all CHS'S errands for him.

I'm putting my feet up with a cuppa for a what level before I go boat cleaning again.

Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am on the sick list again, another UTI arggh...... I just went doen to the Drs the waiting room was full and 6 standing, so I made an appointment for Thursday, collected 3 specimen bottles, 1 to use and 2 spares. Every one in the waiting room was coughing and sneezing, no way was I sitting waiting in that germ ridden atmosphere!! So it will be a glass of water every hour to try and flush it out before it gets too bad.

So much for cranberry juice, that certainly did not work for me.

I'm just getting over one thankfully. Never have any pain with them mind.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Chums, been pottering around this morning doing odd jobs that have been piling up indoors.
    Csarina do you put a teaspoon of soda bicarb in with the water its often helps with UTI's they are miserable aren't they.

Just had a phone call from one of my oldest friends I have known her for well over 55 years and it was lovely to hear from her.we really don't speak enough and I have promised he I will try to get to see her after Christmas she lives on the other side of Colchester so I won't go until the madness of shopping has died down as the M2 has Bluewater and the M25 has Lakeside so the two roads get pretty jammed up at times. Her OH has given up driving at 78 so its easier for me to drive to them

Tonight is quiz night at the pub so no dinner to cook for me tonight .I shall use up the two scones I was given on Saturday for lunch with some butter and jam and some fruit for pudding.

The weather is mild at the moment but a cold snap is forecast for the weekend.

My food shopping list hasn't got much on there worth going out for only tomatoes,eggs and greek yogurt so I will give the shops a miss today as well :) day five of the month and still no shopping bought :) I'm pleased with that .I shall be delving into the depths of my freezer shortly to dig out dinner for tomorrow night. I have veg wise a quarter of a cabbage and a dozen or so brussel sprouts at the bottom of the fridge and more than enough potatoes peeled in water in the fridge so I only have to find something to go with them :)

Hope you are all keeping warm and dry and the daily christmas song from tru is always looked for :)

Take care chums

JackieO xx
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,773 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had my dressing changed at the doctors and the nurse poured some manuka honey stuff on my leg as well as the honey dressing (the honey dressing goes under the other "keep everything in" dressing). She said some people don't like the honey stuff because it stings. Stings......it currently feels like it's burning it's way through my leg and it's going to make re-entry the other side. This had better work, whinge, whine, moan and all that...
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am officially cross.

The pc was collected for repair (under guarantee) on 22nd November, as the cooling system was acting up and making very strange - and loud - noises. By yesterday, we'd still heard nothing, despite Mr LW emailing to ask about progress, so yesterday he rang the company.

They said the lines to the service dept were all busy, but someone would ring back.

No-one did.:mad:

He rang them again today; and, long story short, they have damaged the motherboard taking the processor to pieces to inspect it. :mad:

So they now have to *try* to get a replacement motherboard from the manufacturers.

So it's going to be at least another week. :mad:

I've decided I'm going to have to set up the new printer to work with the laptop, as I need to print some things, and I really can't wait all that time to do them.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure