Custom and practice

Hello

So after being made redundant in March this year myself and a few colleagues are in the final stages of a ET hearing.
We where made redundant, however we was not paid an average of incentives earned over the last 12 months period.
We have had no representation due to costs.

The wording in our contract states that COMMISION will be paid where they are deemed MAJOR terms of employment.

The business is claiming that Incentives/Bonus /Commission are all different and so as we were paid incentives not commission we are not entitled to an average.
We have played on the wording, in all honesty we do refer to incentives as all sorts of words such as the above, indeed in some documents the business as referred to this.

My question is we now have to submit tomorrow and refer to legal cases. Obviously not being legal eagles were doing to struggle
Does anyone have any basic advice please

Obviously I understand you don't have the case specifics

Thanks in advance
Stephen

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    My question is we now have to submit tomorrow and refer to legal cases. Obviously not being legal eagles were doing to struggle
    let me drop everything and see what I can find........

So after being made redundant in March this year myself and a few colleagues are in the final stages of a ET hearing.

OH you had 7 months, you give me 12hrs, I don't think so....
  • Stec1603
    Stec1603 Posts: 54
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    let me drop everything and see what I can find........

OH you had 7 months, you give me 12hrs, I don't think so....

Thanks appreciate it.

Oh and 7 months. Actually NO we only found out the respondent would be doing that at 4 pm today. Obviously not being a solicitor I don't even know what that meant until I looked it up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure