Funding for bankruptcy fees

Options
Hi,

does anyone know of any funding for bankruptcy fees? I've tried the ultility providers, but wondered if there were any others avaliable. any help appreciated.

thanks
Saving £12k in 2015
January : £200

:A:A

Comments

• philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Help with the fees for bankruptcy.

There are several Trusts that can help you with the fees for bankruptcy in exceptional cases if you've not approached them all. However, applications will normally only be considered if they are completed with the help of a money advisor experienced in bankruptcy and some companies now due to the increase in BR rates are refusing to pay towards BR fees

Some examples of these Trusts are below, but an exhaustive list of more companies can be found here.

new-sttf-logo.jpg

britishgas.gif

edfetlogo.gif

There is also a large book in the library called "directory of grant making trusts" might be worth a look there for something? you might find what you need, it's updated pretty often

There is an online version but it's a little out of date (they seem to update the paper versions first before the website for some daft reason) here...

http://www.grantsonline.org.uk/Grant%20Making%20Trusts%20Directory.htm
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • hanspans
    hanspans Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    thank you i'll try everything there. much appreciated. bit of a nightmare just raising the cash to go bankrupt, never mind the other bits!
    cheers
    Saving £12k in 2015

• PixiePie
    PixiePie Posts: 875 Forumite
    Options
    Hi hans,

I'm really sorry to be no help at all but this was the position I was in. In the end my Mother in Law to be 'leant' the money to my OH to give to me to do it - I really didn't want to take it, but had no-one else to lend or give me the money (my family have sort of disowned me for it) and we just didn't have it nor could we get it from any of the charities. One day I'll give her the equivalent amount back, as it doesn't feel right, but it was the only way we were ever going to be able to get the money together it seemed, and even then it took about 4 ish months to raise.

Like I say, I'm really sorry I can't be much help, but just wanted you to know you're not alone, and you will find it eventually (or at the very worst/best depending on your point of view :) , your creditors will save you the money by petitioning you themselves).

Nauseating Pixie Dust being sprinkled your way :)
    Do not feed the trolls please.
  • madeliene_2
    Options
    It was family members who helped us out in the end .
    I don't know if this is worth ssying but I believe some trade unions could help.
    I used to be a civil servant and I know that was an option, but luckily family helped me out.
    I hope you can get help, as someone just going through the process,(today) I know exactly how you feel.

Good luck and I'm so sorry I couldn't help more.
  • hanspans
    Options
    no, that's great people. thanks so much for your posts. madeleine i was reading yours and nearly cried. you just enjoy yourself now and i am sending big hugs and kisses.
    i will need to save the cash but as pixie pointed out the creditors may petition which would help.
    we wil all get there and isn't it nice having boards like this to cheer us on - kinda makes you appreciate how bloody lovely people are xxx
    Saving £12k in 2015

• hanspans
    Options
    also madeleine, how did you find out about the trade unions? i had to leave my job in a housing association, part f the reason i am skint...x
    Saving £12k in 2015

• boggie40
    boggie40 Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    during my telephone interview the O/R told me that the majority of people that go bankrupt their last expense on their credit card is the fee for bankruptcy.

wish i had thought of that - but then again i cut my cards up at least 12 months before i finally took the plunge.
  • hanspans
    Options
    really? wow, anyone else know that? god that would help. i wonder if i could do that?? any tips
    Saving £12k in 2015

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    hanspans wrote: »
    really? wow, anyone else know that? god that would help. i wonder if i could do that?? any tips

Many OR's seem to turn a blind eye to that as long as it was the only realistic way that you could raise the funds.

I'm not saying to go out and do it, but if you are really between a rock and a hard place........
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • hanspans
    Options
    well the thing is i only earn 780 per month and realistically it would take 3 - 4 months of really harsh saving to get the cash so apart from severn trent, who i had a grant off when i was in a hostel (my life is a nightmare), and the fact i might get working tax credits, there is no other option. i am not lying, so do you think it is worthwhile?
    Saving £12k in 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills