Nuicense calls

Options
2»

Comments

• Keep_pedalling
    Options
    Nebulous2 wrote: »
    It's very unlikely it has any connection to your bump. They just called you at random. Most people will have had at least a minor touch of some sort at some time. What you have then done is engage with them to some extent and they've managed to get out of you that you've had a bump. Everytime you say something different it will be added together to use later.

Best idea is not to engage. Tell them nothing. Put the phone down or a curt "I'm not interested."

I have a female acquaintance who says "What accident, the one where my husband died?" as a sort of shock tactic. That may provide some amusement and a feeling of getting your own back for the annoyance of the calls, but it is quite a hollow victory in my view.

The chances of getting a call if you really have had an accident dramatically increase, as people are being paid to give them the info. That could be within the insurance company, recovery guys, or someone in the repair workshop.

I had a miner accident a couple of years ago, which meant getting bombarded with calls. They had car reg details, my mobile and home number. Most of these calls came in from a Warrington
    number or somewhere else in the NW. I have blocked them on my mobile and on my BT landline, and had not had one for months but got one yesterday from a Manchester number on my mobile, but within seconds of me cutting that call off, the parasites auto dialler was calling my home number.

Those numbers are now also blacklisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport