PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

126% Service Charge increase!!! Really?!

Options
13»

Comments

• HPG1
    HPG1 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    AlexMac, your update is hilarious!! Is MSE really offended with the imaginative use of exclamation marks?!!
    You didn't even use the particular word, yet a telling off was still necessary!

I have learnt from your mistake and I will not follow in your footsteps, no matter how pants my week has been!
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    just below each message is a quote button and next to that a multi quote button.

they pre fill the reply with the message(s)
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    HPG1 wrote: »
    Vendor hasn't said a word but he is keen to sell as the property is empty.

Increase will take affect from next week.

Not sure if I should flag this with my solicitor now as all the info I have so far is not from the vendor. I could ask regarding 2018 rates in general as the info I have is from July.
    My friend (solicitor in training) is helping us with the process which is good!

I would flag it but let them know best if they do query to make it look like it for an update since the data is now 6 month old and they need a full 2 years forward view of charges.
  • AlexMac
    AlexMac Posts: 2,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 December 2017 at 12:53PM
    Options
    HPG1 wrote: »
    AlexMac, your update is hilarious!! Is MSE really offended with the imaginative use of exclamation marks?!!
    You didn't even use the particular word, yet a telling off was still necessary!

I have learnt from your mistake and I will not follow in your footsteps, no matter how pants my week has been!

No- the MSE puritan police bot didn't object to exclamation marks; they substituted this series of "!"s for the P-word which I had used in my original post.

A tad over-sensitive? I was at least using it correctly in context as a metaphor... on the grounds that baby cats to tend to exhibit timid, risk averse behavious, and, IME, no-one is as risk averse as a conveyancing solicitor (sorry if there are any tiger lawyers out there?) . I blame Donald Trump. I mean it's not as if I was using it in the way he does, as a crude, misogenyst and foul-mouthed reference to the female anatomy.

There you go; the globalisation of obscenity kontrol, eh? I bet you're not allowed to say "I really fancy a fag" when gasping for a cigarette either?

Anyway, momentarily returning to the OP (and before I get relegated to the "Moneysavers Arms" thread) do let us know if you do buy and eventually sort out your tenure take-over!
  • SWAN
    SWAN Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    My service charge monthly direct debit has been increased from £108 to £134 per month. This is out outrageous what can I do to challenge this increase.
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Best to do the follosing;

Start your own thread

Identify where the increases lie and check you are receiving the services..

Doesn't sound that unreasonable an increase but your breakdown will highlight where it occurs.

Make sure you have the facts before wasting time on a challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport