Options

Comments

• hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    teameffort wrote: »
    Hi hiddenshadow

Thank you for doing this.

I'm new to this so any number would be good.

I am pledging to make £6500 of OP's in 2018.

Mortgage balance as of 1 January 2018 should be £101,100.00

Many thanks
    TeamEffort

Welcome! You're #143. I like your 2018 starting number, though I'd be tempted to pay another £100.01 or £1,000.01. ;) 5-figures will be a nice milestone for you in 2018 though.
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I am going to go for £600.
    Funds are really really tight but it all helps.

Welcome! You're #144.
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    dizzyblnd wrote: »
    Can I sign up please? I've never tried this challenge before but truly believe any overpayments from your mortgage is a step in the right direction. We're moving house so unsure what my mortgage will be but I will aim for £2400 of over payments. That's a huge target but gives me motivation to really stretch.

Can people that have completed this challenge before give some ideas for how they have managed such incredible figures?

Welcome! You're #145. :)

(My $0.02 on achieving targets - I opt to "pay myself first"...first by contributing to my pension because employer also contributes, but next by making my ideal OP to my mortgage on the 1st of the month. It does run the risk of something coming up during the month that could have used that OP money, but I assume that most things could be covered with a credit card, meaning I could skip next month's OP to pay for it. I also have an EF. By making the OP early in the month, I know that money is committed so I'm not tempted to have that takeaway just because I'm tired/lazy, or buy something I don't need, because I've already sent that money to the mortgage.)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    MM10 wrote: »
    Hi Hidden,
    Please sign me up; plan is to pay off the entire main mortgage of £35,000 in 2018, and handle the remaining local government mortgage of about £33,000 in 2019

(Also like rounded numbers :grin: )

Welcome! You're #146. :)

(Round numbers all around! :D)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Hi Hiddenshadow,
    I'm aiming to start overpaying the mortgage in March of next year when we reach debtfreedomness. I aim to overpay by £1000 per month so that will be a total of £10,000 against an outstanding balance which will be somewhere around £78,000. Also aiming to start a MFW diary.

Welcome! You're #147. :)

(I recommend a diary - I've been neglecting mine but they are motivating.)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    lessavyfav wrote: »
    Hi, could I please be added to this year's list? I'd like to overpay £4000. I'd like to have a higher target but since my OH and I are opening a new business next year and we plan on renovating our current place, even this might be a stretch!

Welcome! You're #148. :)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    HLB10 wrote: »
    I'd like to join please. We currently overpay on our mortgage with the aim of being mortgage free before 50. However, OH is possibly being made redundant in the new year, and this will really scupper our mf plans... Put me down for 5000 over the year and we'll see what happens.

Welcome! You're #149. :)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    azza2007 wrote: »
    Could I please be added to the 2018 list. I would like to overpay £3,000.

Welcome! You're #150. :)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Hi Hidden - thanks for running this again, really kept me motivated last year.

Can I have a new number please (was 96) - we have moved house so new start, new number.

I think I will aim for £10,000 - it will be a bit of a stretch but I'm determined!

Welcome back, you're #151 this time around. :)
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    I'd like to be included this year please. Should the target amount be the amount I want to overpay, or the mortgage balance I want to get to by the end of 2018?

Thanks

Escapar2020

Welcome! You're #139. :)

You're welcome to pick whichever number motivates you more (overpayments or total payments).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure