We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
"Obsolete" Glow Worm Hideway 50 Boiler
TPMAC
Posts: 2 Newbie
I am told by an Engineer that the gas valve to this boiler has failed. We have both tried to obtain a replacement without success, including the manufacturer who states that it is obsolete!
To see me through the holidays until I look to purchase another boiler, is anybody aware whether it is possible to have the gas valve refurbished and if yes, who?
Model of the boiler 41/313/15.
Thanks for any assistance.
To see me through the holidays until I look to purchase another boiler, is anybody aware whether it is possible to have the gas valve refurbished and if yes, who?
Model of the boiler 41/313/15.
Thanks for any assistance.
0
Comments
-
I’ve never heard of it being done before, maybe worth asking the gas valve manufacturer but I would be amazed if it could be done.0
-
If I put 'Glow Worm Hideaway 50 gas valve' into Google, it brings up dozens of entries, mainly for around £100. The part number of the first one matches the 203329 quoted in the user manual.I am told by an Engineer that the gas valve to this boiler has failed. We have both tried to obtain a replacement without success, including the manufacturer who states that it is obsolete!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards