No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries December 2017

Options

Comments

• asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    I am back again for this month. :) I do have a couple of outs, several gifts have been given out to raffles and I made a big set of beauty products from the Boots glitch a couple of years ago as a star raffle proize too.

On another note disappointed to open a Neals Yard moisturising cream yesterday to discover it has gone off! :mad: Yuck. I did get it free through O2 a couple of years ago but it still had it's silver seal intact. :( It does have a BBD on it of April 2015, but never thought it would go off. Disappointed with this. And even worse I have another tube got at the same time that'll probably be off too :(
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    edited 28 December 2017 at 12:28AM
    Options
    I have a short PP list for this month as I've been super busy and don't have a lot of time to keep track of things atm. It's been a slower year but I'm up to 96 UU and definitely have acquired fewer new products than last year. I'd be pleased to make it to 100 UU for the year.

PP list

Body
    [STRIKE]New Look Honey & Almond Softening Body Lotion 150ml[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]TBS Passion Fruit Shower Gel 250ml[/STRIKE]
    Vaseline Advanced Repair Hand Cream 75ml
    Aroma Greenline Menthol Softening Foot Cream 75ml
    Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter Body Moisturiser 50ml
    Sanctuary Spa Wet Skin Moisture Miracle 50ml
    Heathcote & Ivory Vintage & Co. Body Lotion 30ml
    Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash 8ml
    Soap & Glory Rich & Foamous Body Wash 8ml
    The Body Shop Rose Body Butter sample size
    The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Body Butter sample size
    The Body Shop Mango Body Butter sample size
    The Body Shop Peppermint Foot Cream sample size

Face
    Garnier Ultralift Night Cream 50ml
    Derma V10 Derma Serum 15ml
    [STRIKE]Boots Traditional Skin Care Moisturising Cream 200ml[/STRIKE]

Hair
    [STRIKE]OGX Reviving Awapuhi Ginger Conditioner 385ml[/STRIKE]
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    back again for december, i got a new elf eyeshadow and lip gloss yesterday.

no outs in ages!
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 December 2017 at 11:05PM
    Options
    A few INs today:

Lush Twilight Shower Gel 250g
    Lush Rose Jam Shower Gel 250g
    Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel 250g
    Lush Plum Snow Bubble Bar
    Lush Orange Roulade Shower Smoothie sample
    Lush Christingle Body Conditioner sample
    Lush Dream Cream Self Preserving Body Lotion sample
    Lush It's Raining Men Shower Gel sample

This is totally a 'I'm feeling so sorry for myself and I want to stock up on my favourite shower gels' purchase. I feel like crap lately. These should be my last INs for the month. I am terrible.
  • shed35
    shed35 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    The Body Shop have a good deal at the mo. Spend £50 and pay £25.

Hi

Thanks for this. I will have a look. Hope my friend i who is gifting this pressie:beer has seen this. :beer:
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One UU from last night:

SVR Topialyse Palpebral Irritated Eyelids Anti-itching Soothing Cream 1ml WNBA as a full size. It's a bit meh. I don't see the point of it. It helped a little bit but it's not for me.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There's also a really good Liz Earle TSV on QVC today if anyone wants a bottle of fragrance.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a uu

Burberry Weekend EDT 30ml
    - loved this, a distinctive scent which lasted really well, WBA. I cracked open my last bottle of YSL Paris to use this morning - totally love this scent.

Sent the Avon book back with no order and said that I would let her know when I wanted another one to save her messing about. Also got two NBI yesterday. I had two Stila Smudgesticks which wouldn't wind up so I complained direct to them and they posted replacements straight away. I hope these work, I can't check as they don't retract - so annoying.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Plumpudding
    Options
    Hello

It's been aaaages since I last posted but I have been reading and cheering from the sidelines.
    I started the year with about 250 things in my stash, mainly skincare because I don't use or stash much make up really. A lot were samples, very few large containers of anything. I tried to use up 20 things a month at least. This is easy when you have lots of sachets and bottles of hotel shampoo, hard water and v long hair. I thought that if I did that, and only bought what was necessary, I'd be on top of things.
    But I sort of bought a few beauty boxes. And my OH travels a lot for work and brings me back the shampoos etc, so there's that. Also I can't go to Boots without looking at the clearance shelf.

I just did a count up of the current situation and it's 140 items in the stash, not including a look fantastic advent calendar and an entire bed side table drawer full of nail polish. Plus I bought some christmas presents and ended up qualifying for a beauty bag of samples. I MAY have asked for Lush for christmas. So all things considered (apart from the nail varnish) I think it's probably going to be about 180 by the end of this month, even if I UU 20 items as per the target. So going in the right direction. Weird thing is, although I am getting through the products, they seem to be taking up the same amount of space in the cupboard - does anyone else find this?
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I went to Lush today and bought 3 bubble bars : Milk Bath, My Front Teeth and the Cracker. Used half My Front Teeth and its gorgeous.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family