Case Opened Past Deadline?

Hi everyone,

Really quick question...

- sold item 17/10/17
- posted item 18/10/17
- no further contact from seller
- INR case opened 27/11/17 with no prior contact

I am struggling to understand how this case managed to be opened as by my count it appears to be outwith the eBay case resolution timescale or am I wrong?

EDIT - I am a private seller in case this makes a difference

Comments

• Being private doesn't make any difference. Is it an INR? If so, eBay can extend the deadline at their discretion.

What was the latest delivery estimate? That is the date that eBay use to calculate case opening windows.
  • Shiloe
    Shiloe Posts: 314 Forumite
    Yes it is INR case and the latest delivery estimate was 24/10/17
  • I take it you don't have a proof of delivery?

Paypal give the buyer 180 days (6 months) so even if they were out of the eBay window and eBay didn't extend it, then Paypal will have covered them.

Check with the buyer if they have the right item/seller. It's not unheard of for them to get confused.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    According to the community boards whilst a case can be opened it can't be closed in buyers faour if the case was opened past the 30 days past last estimated delivery date has passed.

So it all hinges on what delivery estimate the buyer had.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin wrote: »
    According to the community boards whilst a case can be opened it can't be closed in buyers faour if the case was opened past the 30 days past last estimated delivery date has passed.

So it all hinges on what delivery estimate the buyer had.

I wonder if that may have changed, certainly for one we had recently. Six week timescale and no POD as it was a LL size. It used to be that you couldn't escalate an "out of date" case but now I'm unsure. PS boards seem mixed in their decision too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure