IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Recieved response after I challenged LBCCC

Options
Hi. I've got a respone from my letter acknowledging reciept of LBCCC and politely informing that it didn't follow the PD. It just reinforces their previous point that I have contravened parking restrictions blah blah blah and they will pursue through the court if necessary.

It's from CPP (Car parking Partnership, based in Chorley). I was parked on double yellow lines while loading my equipment into a music venue. Is it really worth fighting this? Given that one is not allowed to wait at all on double yellow lines am I without any possible defence and should I just pay fine (£160) or is it still worth sending more letters challenging their LBCCC for not following PD.

Thanks
J

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    CPP only patrol private land so any yellow lines are meaningless and not the same restrictions as on the public highway

and you can load and unload anyway

stand your ground and insist on a proper LBC according to the latest PaP

you only need to pay if you lost in court , where a judge decides on the legalities

a typical loss is about the same , about £175 , so why roll over ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I was parked on double yellow lines while loading my equipment into a music venue. Is it really worth fighting this? Given that one is not allowed to wait at all on double yellow lines

What RedX says is correct. Double yellows on private land do not have the same meaning.

What you say is incorrect. You can load and unload on double yellows and, in fact, it is additional signage or kerb markings that restrict the use.

If there are no obvious signs and/or they it was dark and they were unlit and there were double yellows it's readily understandable why you may have chosen to load/unload there.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    agreed, with my BB I can park on single and double yellows , UNLESS there are kerb blip markings or there are restrictions in signage , or I cause an obstruction like at corners or traffic lights etc

and anyone can load and unload on "normal" yellow lines , so it is a common thing to do and no reason would exist as to why it could not be done in the manner described in post #1

the double yellows are to prevent "parking" , not unloading/loading

ie:- the driver would expect to be allowed to do so
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    You can board / alight AND load / unload on doublt yellows on real roads, but only for as long as is necessary and e.g. loaidng has to be continuous. No cup of tea allowed :)

Double RED lines completely prohibit any waiting.

Insist on a proper LBA, use the newbies thread to do this as it has an example letter.
  • JMac1985
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. better dust off the old type writer then!!!
  • JMac1985
    Options
    So I sent my letter of acknowledgement and have so far received an identical formulaic response (similar to the follow up to LBCCC) and a debt collection letter from a company called Equita. Presumably I reply to the follow ups with a similar acknowledgment letter stating that I am still awaiting a letter that complies with the practice direction? thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Given that one is not allowed to wait at all on double yellow lines
    Loads of people think that - as above, it's not the case at all. I use them all the time (legitimately).

A letter from Equita (whether about ParkingEye or in your case, CPP) is just a debt letter to be ignored.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • JMac1985
    Options
    Ok , yes I thought as much. But do I need to send another acknowledgement letter to the parking firm or do I wait for them to take further court action? thanks
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Wait. Communicating with a debt collector is a pointless exercise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure