PPI claim

Hi i'm just new here but would like to ask a question i had a mortgage with Alliance & Leicester round about the 90's with my ex, after divorcing him i was awarded the house in settlement, would i be able to claim ppi without him being involved and how would it go with A&L now not trading, also i have absolutely no paper work for A&L and also Capital One Credit card who i would also want to claim from

Comments

• A joint policy would need a joint complaint. Santander is the place to go for A&L complaints.

For Capital One, write to Capital One.
  • thanks for the reply but wouldn't a joint account be voided if i was given the house in a settlement and continued to pay the mortgage on my own
  • No. That was part of your divorce settlement.

The lender is only concerned with who took out the policy, not any subsequent arrangement you made with regard to who pays for what.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,040
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Most A&L mortgages were put in place by mortgage brokers. Was yours? (if so, you cant complain to A&L)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • so that's that stuffed then?
  • If sold by a broker, most probably.

You haven't mentioned any reason(s) why you believe it was mis-sold?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure