🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Xmas issue

Options

Comments

• sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    Muscle750 wrote: »
    weve worked every previous xmas even thou it was the chosen few allowed to have it off, they will not let us carry any over into the new year or buy them off us so what exactly are we meant to do ...........Loose them?...................I dont think so. I dont personally like been refered to as a see you next tuesday either just because i want what holiday im entitled to and booked 11 months prior.
    Gosh, here's a novel idea. Just a thought mind you... Your annual leave is for a year. So take it other times during the year and don't leave it until the last minute.

They aren't required to let you carry it over. It's unlawful to buy it off you if it is statutory leave.

And after several years of this, one would have hoped that the idea of not taking leave at the end of the year might have filtered into your thought processes. You aren't entitled to take your leave whenever you want. You especially aren't entitled to you all deciding that you will bug out on leave during a busy period. Personally, this sounds like a case of a place where management need to tell you when you will take all your leave - giving you no options at all. That way you will all get your holiday when it suits management - and perfectly legal. For goodness sake stop acting like this is a playground, or that is what you will get - "summer holidays" in February!
  • Muscle750
    Muscle750 Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Options
    I was told twice this year when i tried to book a week off .............Sorry cant have it because blah blah Blah ..............so when exactly am i meant to have my holiday please enlighten me and ill bear it in mind.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Anywhere I've worked people have been able to put in leave requests, but they have always had to be approved by a manager. Did the OP have any notification in writing to say that the Xmas leave had been agreed? More likely that they have just assumed a request equals being granted - it doesn't.
  • sangie595 wrote: »
    Fair is something that happens in a playground. .

But strangely you believe in fair when you come to responding to other's posts you feel unfair as you have in recent days even. Sorry to remind you Or is it when you just can't see someone's posting history. :cool:

OP you should have created a whole new account where no one would know your history - to match the amount of PPR'd users who keep creating new accounts to throw their bile around that they never manage to lose or contain, just the very irony - really unaware they are as recognisable really as they ever were so all relative swings and roundabouts.

What was it said, OP pick up so many yellow cards by the 10th December to ensure you get off or go off sick. :) that's the way to do it!

Do give it a break Daytona, once again, oops stuartJo1989.
  • dippy3103
    dippy3103 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Maybe you need to find a way forward in future. In my team
    We all fill in a chart saying which days we would like off then work together to cover the days that are needed over Christmas. Our manager is happy as long as we cover between us. Seems the adult way to go about it. After all, is it not the season of goodwill?

The rest of the year it’s first come first served.
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    But strangely you believe in fair when you come to responding to other's posts you feel unfair as you have in recent days even. Sorry to remind you Or is it when you just can't see someone's posting history. :cool:

OP you should have created a whole new account where no one would know your history - to match the amount of PPR'd users who keep creating new accounts to throw their bile around that they never manage to lose or contain, just the very irony - really unaware they are as recognisable really as they ever were so all relative swings and roundabouts.

What was it said, OP pick up so many yellow cards by the 10th December to ensure you get off or go off sick. :) that's the way to do it!

Do you read through that and say "Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to say, and well-phrased. I'll stick with that?"

Because to me much of it reads like gibberish.
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    I was told twice this year when i tried to book a week off .............Sorry cant have it because blah blah Blah ..............so when exactly am i meant to have my holiday please enlighten me and ill bear it in mind.

I don't imagine any of us care when you have your holiday. All we can say is that if you don't like the way this company works, leave.
  • stuartJo1989
    stuartJo1989 Posts: 461 Forumite
    edited 28 November 2017 at 8:27PM
    Options
    to match the amount of PPR'd users who keep creating new accounts to throw their bile around that they never manage to lose or contain, just the very irony - really unaware they are as recognisable really as they ever were so all relative swings and roundabouts. .....

Ah, I have been rumbled. No doubt I've been reported and will be banned within the next day or two :D Quite funny but this time I'll get rumbled more based on my own admission here, as apposed to other methods they use :p

Seriously though, for the most part I don't come back on here to cause trouble (though the odd silly question from the likes of OP deserves a silly answer) and in fact my posting history displays an eagerness to HELP people. It is a bit of a testament that I can get to 261 posts WITHOUT a single warning or getting noticed!

It is a real shame really. But then again, I admittedly probably have better things to do with my time than contribute by helping others with their consumer rights + employment issues (even if that is clouded by the odd silly remark).

Hey ho, enjoy the forum! See you in 6 months perhaps? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • jobbingmusician
    Options

Which is EXACTLY what you should be saying to your employer, albeit phrased slightly more politely. You are entitled to 5.6 weeks of leave (inc BH) - if the employer won't let you have it when you want it, why not ask what is convenient for them? They have to let you have it!
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Given the history, why are you not unionised now???
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family