Half term in London??

Options
Hi all,

I am taking my daughter (7) down to London at half term, have not booked yet but am looking at around the 23rd to the 26th. Can anybody recommend a good hotel that is not too far out of the centre (west end as we plan on going to see the Lion King) and that is not overly expensive.

Also if anybody has any suggestions on what else to do I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Papa.
You're my wife now!!

Comments

• wept
    wept Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    We liked this place http://www.information-britain.co.uk/showPlace.cfm?Place_ID=2003 plus its free.....
    There is also the usual places like the Science Museum, Natural History, Tate Gallery, War Museum which are all free.
    London Eye, Boat Trip on the Thames, The Monument, Bus Tour?

I see you are looking to see a show...it may be worth you paying a visit to the half-price booths in Leicester Square - we managed to see We Will rock You for about £15/20 each cant exactly remember.
  • paul.jacobs
    Options
    http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/exclusive

2 for 1 at holiday inn, I booked 2 nights in Brent Cross ( northern line) for £99.88 , travel lodge was £80 a night so quite a bit cheaper
  • papalazarou
    Options
    Wept, thanks I hae decided to go with the ticket booths as you are not the only person to recommend them. And I am looking at a bus tour and the london eye and the aqaurium is definately on the list. probably along with Chessington and London Zoo if the weather permits.

Paul, unfortunately the offer is only available from december and it is next week we are looking, but thanks anyway.

papa
    You're my wife now!!
  • Zinger549
    Zinger549 Posts: 1,310 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If your going to the ticket booth go to the tkts booth. It's the only official booth.
    Come on you Irons
  • paul.jacobs
    Options
    Holiday inn offer works for next week as I have booked 2 nights for £100. My credit card has been charged and had a confirmation of my booking via e-mail. It is selected hotels only for next week, not the whole lot
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure