Advice on Barclays claim upheld

I am awaiting a PPI miss-sell refund from Barclays . It's a rather strange case but I would like some advice with a view to hurry it along.

I canclled my Barclays account in 2013, shortly after, I lodged a claim about PPI miss-sell to which I didn't receive a reply. I recently enquired about the case via their website form and was told it had been resolved.

When I called Barclays, I was told the complaint was upheld and I had been sent a cheque for around £1,500, which had not been cashed.

Following a serious of verification questions based on my credit record, I was told that the cheque was sent to an address I had never lived, which they claim to have confirmed with me in 2014. The only possible explanation for this is identity theft but there is nothing to support that theory. No attempt was made to contact me via email or phone.

The adviser I spoke to was very helpful and said they would send a cheque to my confirmed address or a bank transfer refund but since then things have stalled. I chased for an update but was told that the case needs to be reassessed to see how the incorrect address came to be on the account and they couldn't give me a timescale for the refund.

A I correct in saying that there is 28 day deadline for payment once a complaint has been upheld? If so, di you think I can apply this to my complaint and claim the 28 days should have started from when I verified the correct address?

Interested to hear your thoughts and advice as I am concerned that the case could drag on.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport