Massive Vodafone bill - please help\

Options
13»

Comments

• NotRichAtAll
    Options
    Clearly not. I'm not a technical person. Never occurred to me, especially as I was told it was capped. Also, this was not a phone, it was a modem. So don't think there is a setting to do this.

I've now put a cap on my laptop. But this still doesn't give me my correct usage as I use the modem with more than one device.

Ah you bought/use a data dongle from them, are you a business user or consumer user?
    Data charges in the UK and abroad

Each plan comes with a data allowance. For any data used outside your monthly UK data allowance, you'll be charged £6.50 for every 250MB.
    If you reach the limit of your data allowance, whether at home or when you’re in a Global Roaming destination, you can choose to buy a Data Extra.

reading the Terms etc it looks like you never turned the cap on
    Managing your data with Vodafone Data Manager
    A Data Cap puts you in control of your data usage, so you can search, share and
    stream – secure in the knowledge you won’t face unexpected charges at the end of
    the month.
    To start with your Data Cap is switched off. If you’d like to switch your Data Cap on,
    the easiest way is by using the free My Vodafone app – available from your app store.
    Or by logging in at https://www.vodafone.co.uk/myvodafone.
    Data capping doesn’t just monitor your data usage, we’ll also let you know when
    you’re nearing your limit, and you can decide what you would like to do next.
    You can choose to keep the cap in place or select one of our great value data extras.
    If you decide to turn your data cap off, you’ll be charged at your out of plan rate at
    £6.50 per 250MB of data. For more information on out of plan charges, please go to
    https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/data-charges/ If you find you’re regularly
    going over your data allowance, you can choose to change your tariff, or select one
    of our great value data extras by using our Live Chat Online, or ringing 191 from your
    Vodafone mobile, or 0333 3040191 from any other phone.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So to sum up.....didn't read what was signed up for and its somebody else's fault.
  • DevilsAdvocate1
    Options
    I received a letter from Vodafone this morning telling me that they will refund the charges in full. No need to go to the Ombudsman. I've just spoken to them to organise the refund.

So glad I complained.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vodafone must still be full of the Christmas spirit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income