We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

how many a day do you enter??

Options
hi everyone!!!!! im a new comper and havent won anything yet but i was wondering how many comps you were enterng a day and how long it took you to win something. i am entering about 30 comps a day, online only and was wondering if that was enough. i know everyone is different but it would be interesting to see

many thanks!!!!!

Comments

• littleholly
    littleholly Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    Options
    This is a question which is asked a lot. Different people enter different amounts but of course the more you enter the more chance of winning! I enter at least 80-100 a day just jumping on and off the computer when I have chance. It can get a bit boring enter comps all day but you gotta be in it to win it! Download roboform to help you with filling out forms, save loads of time.

NOW IN COMPING SEMI-RETIREMENT! :D
    AL MAC APPRECIATION SOCIETY MEMBER NO: 550 748 ;)
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    I enter lots each day, I would say over 100, enter alot of the ones posted on here and others that I find too. After all the more you enter the more chances you have of winning something!
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • VelvetGlove
    VelvetGlove Posts: 12,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi vicki, I enter around the same amount as littleholly, but I make sure I only enter the ones that I want to win the prize for or that I could give to a relative or friend :) There are still loads out there even if you are being selective!

I use Autofill Forms on Firefox & also AutoHotkey & also Snaplinks - if you google you can find them all quite easily - I find they just take a lot of grunt work out of entering :)

I started entering comps on 12 July '07 & then wins started the following month - you have to wait after entering for the end dates to come around & the winners to be drawn & notified! So it can take a little while to get the Prize Pipeline flowing ;)

Good luck with your comps & feel free to pop into the Compers Inn & relaxe after a hard days comping :D
    Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • jojogirly
    jojogirly Posts: 1,730 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I enter about 50 a day weekdays and catch up on any missed on weekends, It takes a good bit of time but its worth it
    Total 2019: £3972 - Best win this year £3000
    2018 total £4062/2017 total £2260/ 2016 total £2025/ 2015 total £3809.
  • gingerchick
    gingerchick Posts: 3,847 Forumite
    Options
    I don't count up how many I enter, but basically enter all the ones posted on here that I want to, which would probably amount to about 100 a day:eek:
    I always find it amazing how many comps there are out there.

I also use roboform and find that a godsend.

As velvet glove says, you do have to wait a while to start winning due to the end dates. But once they start coming in, you will be up every morning cursing the postie if they are late.:rotfl:

Good luck with your comping vicki.:beer:
  • elizabethp
    elizabethp Posts: 76,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I must enter loads as I enter most that are on here :)
    Liz xx
  • Skippycat
    Skippycat Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Vicki

I think I enter about 20 - 30 (sometimes more) on-line comps each day. I also do quite a lot of postcard comps as well and have had a lot of nice wins from those.

Keep at it and hopefully it won't be too much longer until your first win :grin:
    2022 wins include.... £1,000 cheque £150 ASDA gift card £250 Impericon gift voucher £100 cheque £100 of plant bulbs £100 Bower Collective voucher
  • vicki_b
    vicki_b Posts: 306 Forumite
    Options
    thanks!!so what would you all say you have had more success at?postal or online??
  • kimmywal
    kimmywal Posts: 11,288 Forumite
    Options
    I only enter comps on this site and probably about 80 a day. I only enter ones that myself, family or friends will use. I enter the online and texts comps but not the others.
    I use roboform and fire fox which cuts down the time filling out the forms.

Good luck and happy comping ;)
    What we see depends mainly on what we look for

"This will be mine in 2009" member 50
  • Maddie
    Maddie Posts: 858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you not end up getting thousands of junk mailings & emails?
    Proud to be a moneysaver! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport