PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 18th November 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Judi

I am not meaning to sound sarcastic but are there any non eu countries that are not at the opposite end of the globe?

Being a devious so and so I would be inclined to suggest that was an interesting idea and how about he does some research into things like visas, health and age requirements, rights to work there etc. as well as house prices and cost of living, health insurance etc. That way he finds out the (to us, blindingly obvious) snags for himself and can't blame you for being negative.

Back from the shops with all the ingredients needed for a moussaka
    for tomorrow but it is so cold I am having to look out my thickest winter jacket for later. It has a hood as well as being a good long length and I don't care if I do look like a womble ;)

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good afternoon chums ,well back safe 'n'sound from my trip to the wilds of Hertfordshire :), actuallythe trip was pretty good, and I did it in around an hour and a half.I was up with the birds this morning making a packed lunch for my DGS and I, as I wasn't too sure what sort of feeding things we could get at the Uni, and Jack does like his fodder.

0.6.30 this morning I am making seedy wholemeal rolls up with cheese and pickle for him remembering he doesn't like lumpy bits of pickle !!! so delving into the Branston to get the tiny diced up bits to go in his rolls :):):) is that not the work of a devoted Grandma :):):)

He loved the Uni and we got a goody bag full of bits and pieces and the students there were lovely and we even got to chat to the philosophy tutor as that's his favourite subject.

Driving up the weather was gorgeous, but coming home the heavens opened and the M25 was full of spray and it wasn't nice at all.
    But a good day out and a very happy grandson.

I am now going to park myself on the sofa with a large cuppa and read my book and relax for the rest of the day

Hope you are all warm and dry indoors

Take care
    JackieO xx
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Switzerland and Norway are non EU...but very expensive!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Judi is grump in he building trade? My hubby suddenly stopped getting work when he was in his 50's that's when he became a school caretaker. Long hours, carp pay but less heavy lifting.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Judi is grump in he building trade? My hubby suddenly stopped getting work when he was in his 50's that's when he became a school caretaker. Long hours, carp pay but less heavy lifting.

Yes Hester he is a commercial electrician. He's been very fortunate up to now that the recession hasnt affected him. Youngest says he can get a job 'house bashing' where he works but Grump doesnt like 'house bashing'. He can do it, he's qualified to do it but he doesnt like it.

Dont get me wrong, i hate to think of him working in a job that he hates but on the other hand, he has to 'bend' a little.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just a quick call back, the fair went ok, slow to start but ended up with a profit of just under £100.00, really pleased with that. It just proves that some people are prepared to spend on good quality stuff.

Back in the morning..............
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,103 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a quickie after a long slow drive home...

Judi - perhaps you can remind your OH that the UK will soon be a non-EU country!

The road home was closed for a while because of an accident at Loch Fyne Oyster Bar, the usual 55 mile diversion is closed for roadworks so luckily the road was opened after a couple of hours.

Chinese food, wine, electric blanket and SCD, in that order!
  • elona
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just realised that instead of one dd, another dd and husband staying over tonight, there was another dd and BF staying and only two double rooms had been prepared upstairs. :eek:

Had to go upstairs, drag trundle bed from under day bed, put new mattress on it, look out new duvet and cover etc and get the bed made up. Not ideal but at least everyone has space and privacy.

Older dd made us a buffet of nachos, mini pies, croquettes etc which was lovely and we all played some quiz type board games before they all went off for a quick walk. Pub may be involved at some point
    ;)

Dishwasher has been loaded up and I am happily browsing on here in my pjs and fluffy dressing gown and slippers.

Hugs to all.

Judi

I somehow don't think grump has countries like Norway in mind. Maybe best not to mention that other countries have different building regs either.
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    elona wrote: »

Older dd made us a buffet of nachos, mini pies, croquettes etc which was lovely and we all played some quiz type board games before they all went off for a quick walk. Pub may be involved at some point
    ;)

Dishwasher has been loaded up and I am happily browsing on here in my pjs and fluffy dressing gown and slippers.

Sounds like a perfect evening elona :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • elona
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    karcher

I must admit I am thoroughly enjoying myself knowing I am all snuggly and comfy.
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills