PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 18th November 2017

Options

Comments

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Damp and drizzly here have done a wash load but it will have to go in the td.

Going to swish the kitchen and lounge then dd and I are off to Portsmouth to try and finish the xmas shopping, want to be in and out within a couple of hours, I don't like shopping at the best of times and Saturdays will be a nightmare !

OH is staying at home and will plaster the inside of the doorway we had bricked up last week.

Not sure about dinner tonight will buy something while we are out.

Have good days all xx
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 18 November 2017 at 12:24PM
    Options
    Morning all

Well DH and friend went off the model rail exhibition this morning. Friend came round early for coffee and a chat-he lost his dad just over a week ago. Luckily my nightie is modest-long sleeves and round neck-almost a dress really. DS arrived just as they were finishing coffee. He lives with his girlfriend at her parent's house most of the time but likes to come in for a shower and say hello to our bacon lol. Oh and do his washing. Mondays he comes for dinner and an evening of x box.

I'm not doing anything today except cook dinner this evening. It may be macaroni cheese with salad. Or something with quorn mince, or bean chilli. Can you tell I didn't get any meat out of the freezer.

Hugs to poorlies and worried. Camelot hope your arms feel better soon. I remember feeing sorry for myself after those sort of jabs.
    TA hope Mr TA feels better today.

Have a good day everyone and keep warm.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Youngest dd came over to older dd ans sil last night and stayed over with them. She and dd and sil and maybe another dd are staying over with me tonight :j

Have tentatively decided om making moussake tomorrow so will go shopping for ingredients this afternoon. House is fairly tidy and have had a shower and washed my hair and looked out a decent outfit to wear.

Breakfast was a bacon butty and a cup of coffee, lunch will probably be beans on toast or cup of soup and no idea what to cook tonight. Might offer to treat us all to a takeaway or else defrost some burgers and buy some buns and salad later.

Buying Christmas presents early and some bills being due this month is making me check the bank statement every day but should mean I get less stressed next month.

Two blue rose bushes have arrived ready for the gardening lady to plant on Tuesday and am not sure if I should put them in a small tub of water or not.

Judi

Could grump be a bit depressed? It looks as if some of his previous decisions are coming back to bite him and reality is beginning to dawn on him.

TA

Fingers crossed that results are what you hope for and are reassuring.

No idea when family are arriving so having a quiet morning with my feet up while the tumble drier and dishwasher do their stuff.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Lovely sunny day here but very cold. Went into town early this morning and was home again by 10.30. I bought a few more Christmas bits so I think I'm just about organised now. My girls 18 and 21 both say they just want some money...not very exciting! I have got them both some clothes from Hollister sale and all the bits for their stockings, but would ideally like a couple more things for each...though I won't be buying just for the sake of it. Eldest DD did say could she have some Malteser reindeer and chocolate snowballs....
    Cleaned bathrooms, hung washing out, ironed and hovered upstairs. Just had a lovely festive bake from greggs for my Saturday treat!
    So now I'm going to walk down to my mam and dads...thanks to everyone who asked after my dad. Hes a lot better but worried because no one knows yet where his blood went. Its very like a child asking you the same question over and over....if we could give him an answer he'd be happier.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pain-free vibes for Mr TA; I sort of sat up in consternation when you said Oramorph wasn't helping him much, as I rely on that stuff myself. Hoping the scan is good news, and they can sort out this additional pain, too
    elona wrote: »
    Judi

Could grump be a bit depressed? It looks as if some of his previous decisions are coming back to bite him and reality is beginning to dawn on him.
    That was my thought, too; not wanting to bother with bathing/showering is a classic sign.

Nothing much to report here - we're rather going through the mill waiting for Mr LW's appt with the consultant (Thursday) but I won't bore you with all our carp. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LW

You are not boring !!!!!!!! Fingers crossed for you both.

DDs just phoned and one lot are having a look at the Christmas market in Wakefield just now and are coming over later to drop off their cat at mine and then we all meet up at Leeds Christmas markets later and then have a meal out together.

Need to brave the cold in a few minutes and do a quick bit of shopping.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ladies Grump is depressed but his ego has taken more of a bashing than anything.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 November 2017 at 2:44PM
    Options
    Afternoon :wave:
    Had a reasonable nights sleep although woke at 4.30 after having a nightmare about a spider that was as large as a small child :eek:.
    Mr Fix It took DD to her meeting place early and called in Wic*es on the way home to buy some wood for the fence. We spent this morning in the rain, raising it to about 7ft 6 ins, so if the dog clears that, it's a horse :rotfl:. At one point I came out of the shed and was face to face with a squirrel, I don't know who was more suprised ! However I think I must have also got the cold / damp in my jaw because it's aching, a lot :(. So some painkillers should do the trick and I shall have a nice long bubble bath later, to warm my old bones :).
    This afternoon I have to shorten the sleeves on my dad's jacket by about 5 inches, or at least make a start by cutting off the excess and pinning it ready for the machine.
    TA I hope Mr TA is feeling better. I know every pain, ache and lump makes you worry.
    NMLC I hope your lurgy leaves you sooner rather than later.
    Judi I agree with Elona and LW about the depression.
    Well enough wittering from me, I'm off to empty the DW then start on the sewing.
    Hugs to anyone who wants or needs one.
    nan
    Just found out that DGS who is on the school council and in charge of the Children in need merchandise, has sold over £4oo pounds worth ! He says he wants to be a business man ......... like Donald Trump lol !
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well apparently we are selling up and moving to an non EU country. Nice to be told....

Depressed or not, he is NOT making decisions about my future and my money without us discussing it first!
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Oh JUDI all it needs is a firm offer of work and I'm sure Grump would bounce back. Fingers crossed something turns up soon. It's demoralising hoping and waiting. Hopefully moving to a non-EU country is an empty threat!!

Well Mr TA is feeling much better today thank goodness. And he's back to eating which is a good sign! Thanks for your good wishes.

I had my bus ride into town as planned and got all I went for - and nothing else! I got all the family cards, more birthday cards and more gift bags from the Card Ware*ouse. Then Bodycare for a stock up of the medicine box! Lastly M & S for eggs, fish and some green olive ciabattas. What an exciting shopping trip that was!

Decision now is do I get my feet up with my book or do I do the ironing! OK no contest, it's feet up with book!

How's this for rubbing salt in! DS What'sApped a little video of them both on the beach in Cape Verde. I could hear the waves lapping in the background. Envious? You bet!

Enjoy the rest of the day folks if you can. Hope CSARINA sells lots of her wares at the Christmas Fayre. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure