A few thoughts about this forum

Options

Comments

• Cazzaswfc
    Options
    I'm not in the clique

I want to be in the clique

Who's in the clique

I hate everyone in the clique because I'm not in it.

Booooo cliques
    MFW 2017 No 41 £835.79/£1000
    Mortgage at December 2015. £55003.41
    Mortgage at December 2016. £51173.04
    Current MF date November 2034
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Cazzaswfc wrote: »
    I'm not in the clique

I want to be in the clique

Who's in the clique

I hate everyone in the clique because I'm not in it.

Booooo cliques

You can be in a clique with me, I'll be cliquey with anyone.....oh hang on, that's not a clique if anyone can join in.

Have you got a schnauzer? That might help.:p
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there even a clique?

This area is more friendly than others. I’m sure bugs can back this up being another regular discussion time poster but it’s far more brutal over there!
  • stuartJo1989
    Options
    lili2008 wrote: »
    I came here a few months ago in a distraught state, seeking intelligent advice and comfort.

What I got was a 'management is always right'mentality, by a little clique who seem to crouch here, leaping on every thread and taking pleasure in that mindset.

So, a few things. Are there no 'real' board guides here?

Also, in my journey towards having employment law implemented, there are so many grey areas that you won't hear about on this board. There are too many people with too much time on their hands here to tell you off. Ignore them, go elsewhere for advice and if there are any real board guides on this forum, put this post as a sticky at the top.

Have you ever heard the phrase "let sleeping dogs lie"?

I ask because I actually posted on your thread last month and since then I have NOT ONCE thought about you or your predicament. Not even a half thought!

A bit concerning how you've made a SEPERATE THREAD just to have a bit of a rant at some random internet strangers (you don't even name any usernames!) who, frankly, haven't given you a second thought in the past month.

It just sort of suggests that you're not the most amicable of people and could well be contributing to the negativity around the office. Maybe just chill out a bit and just go with the flow?
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    bugslet wrote: »
    You can be in a clique with me, I'll be cliquey with anyone.....oh hang on, that's not a clique if anyone can join in.

Have you got a schnauzer? That might help.:p
    If the clique will have me, I don't want to be a member :rotfl:
  • Twopints
    Twopints Posts: 1,770 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    tir21 wrote: »
    op is correct. its a clique. the one thing they do is bring up old posts and questions you've asked to use as a stick against you in your current post.

they know its wrong and the posts will get removed if you report it. they will have a go at me - but I've never brought up peoples previous posts. what's the relevance?

they must actively search out peoples previous posts. they must not have anything better to do

Well, anyone who starts a thread with:

I came here a few months ago in a distraught state, seeking intelligent advice and comfort.

would surely expect any sensible poster making a reply to actually go and look at that previous post? I expect you didn't.
    Not even wrong
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    tir21 wrote: »
    op is correct. its a clique. the one thing they do is bring up old posts and questions you've asked to use as a stick against you in your current post.

they know its wrong and the posts will get removed if you report it. they will have a go at me - but I've never brought up peoples previous posts. what's the relevance?

they must actively search out peoples previous posts. they must not have anything better to do
    Posts are removed, without any judgement, solely because someone doesn't like them. It doesn't make them wrong. Previous information is relevant. Past events are always relevant. Most of us have lots of better things to do - but we just keep on helping people anyway. The fact that some people aren't grateful for that says more about them than it does about us.
  • hyubh
    hyubh Posts: 3,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sangie595 wrote: »
    Past events are always relevant.

Oh aye!
    Most of us have lots of better things to do - but we just keep on helping people anyway.

You heroine you ;)
    The fact that some people aren't grateful for that says more about them than it does about us.

I shall add 'humble' to the attributes I apply to your good self! Along with 'super-thick skinned', 'always thinks the best in people', 'is always cautious of what she doesn't know', 'can take as much as she gives', etc. ;)
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,744 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hyubh. I agree entirely.
    Does that make us a clique orgroupies?:rotfl:
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Gavin83 wrote: »
    Is there even a clique?

This area is more friendly than others. I’m sure bugs can back this up being another regular discussion time poster but it’s far more brutal over there!

No there isn't a clique.

As for DT:eek::o
    sangie595 wrote: »
    If the clique will have me, I don't want to be a member :rotfl:

What you can't even be in a clique of one.:(:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts