We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Debenhams PPI timescales.

Comments

• Deewm76
    Deewm76 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Just wondering if any of you are any further forward with Santander? chased them up 2 weeks ago and they confirmed that an agreement with insurers had been reached (so no longer on hold).
  • I rang them two weeks ago and they said they had reached decisions on claims and letters should be sent out by the end of January!!!!
  • Deewm76
    Deewm76 Posts: 23 Forumite
    My claim was submitted in November, just been told another couple of weeks (quicker than I thought) so hopefully good news.
  • Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    In case any on this thread missed it, on a couple of other threads OPs have listed payouts in recent days from these historic liabilities from the then Arcadia group of stores (store cards from Debenhams, Burtons, DP, etc).

So it appears whatever was the hold up over the past 6 weeks has probably now been resolved.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • Laraine31
    Laraine31 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

I've just found this thread and wondering how you're all getting on. I initially submitted my PPI Complaint to Santander regarding my Debenhams Gold Card in 2014 and they rejected it as they said basically no PPI was mis-sold as cashier weren't trained to give advice, despite her ticking the box for me!!! I appealed and they said they didn't receive it so I re-submitted my appeal. They kept sending me holding letters, then I sent in a further complaint in late 2016 also citing Plevin. I am still no further forward with them saying there are no timescales as it is an appeal and that they are still getting through the Plevin backlog and my case has not yet been activated! It just seems ridiculous. Anyone else experiencing such horrendous delays?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Lots of people. The PPI bandwagon is straining under the weight at the moment.

But they'll get to you in due course.
  • xcakex
    xcakex Posts: 157 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    edited 4 May 2018 at 12:49PM
    Hi

I!!!8217;m in a very similar situation I got the letter in November got an email confirming they had received my form back in Dec and it states they will reply in 6/8 weeks .... still no reply I did call on a few occasions to be told they had around 22k people to deal with and I should hear soon.. still nothing when I last rang they said the Ppi dept are not taking calls now

Anyone else with any more updates? Be greatly appreciated
    Believe you can win and you shall win !!!
    Wins for 2010-£2450 2011-£6100 2012-£4500
    2013-£3800 2014-£1200 2015 - £6500 2016-£2500 2017 - champagne £250 shopkins toys vodka spotify vouchers book
  • goaliesmum
    goaliesmum Posts: 71 Forumite
    Hi I received a letter Wednesday acknowledging my Dorothy Perkins Plevin complaint that I logged online in November 2017. This was a complaint I originally made in 2009 about mis selling that was rejected.

It stated they aim to complete the review in 8 weeks.

I telephoned the number on the letter and asked if they could give me any update as it was now nearly 5 months.

The guy on the phone was very helpful and said it had last been looked at on 11 April and they have a 3-4 week deadline so I am to ring back on 11 May if not resolved.

Yesterday I received a call from Santander asking details of my employment, sickness, savings at the time of opening the account (1997) The caller told me I will receive a letter detailing the outcome.

I chased this in December 2017 and it had been passed over as they thought it didn't fit the criteria for Plevin, when I explained I had statements showing PPI still on the account in 2009 he agreed it fit and put it through again.

Hope this helps and I'll update when I get anything further.

Good luck all
    BOS - 2 x Loan PPI 14/11/09 :D upheld 5505.62 + 591.72 Barclays - 31/03 Loan PPI & Overdraft PPI Upheld £28000
    Santander-CC PPI :mad: Refusal, pre 2005, SAR 09/12 now with FLA Capital One -CC PPI, refused, 2nd letter sent & 3rd Received Plevin
    HSBC - Loan PPI 09/12 letter from branch to restructure loan? :D10/12 Upheld £4837.28 with interest
  • Laraine31
    Laraine31 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi there, have you heard back from them yet goaliesmum?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    It stated they aim to complete the review in 8 weeks.
    Laraine31 wrote: »
    Hi there, have you heard back from them yet goaliesmum?
    Eight weeks from early May will be late June.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.