Mortgage App - Late Payments...Help please!

Options

Comments

• talulah25
    Options
    Looks like we were worried for nothing, broker already knew and Natwest have done credit file search before issuing AIP. He's requested a notice of correction on Equifax in any case...and BREATHE! 😁
  • David_White
    Options
    Requesting a notice of correction is a terrible idea.

I would strongly suggest avoiding this and am baffled that a broker has told you it's a good idea.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What he said ^!
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,445 Forumite
    Options
    What he said ^! and What he said ^^!
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • talulah25
    Options
    Requesting a notice of correction is a terrible idea.

I would strongly suggest avoiding this and am baffled that a broker has told you it's a good idea.

Broker didn't suggest it, just out of interest, why is it a bad idea?
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,445 Forumite
    Options
    The Notice of Correction needs to be highlighted to credit providers who have searched your file in the past 6 months and those making future searches.

It’s prescence therefore stops you passing score with providers who run an automatic decision process.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • talulah25
    Options
    amnblog wrote: »
    The Notice of Correction needs to be highlighted to credit providers who have searched your file in the past 6 months and those making future searches.

It’s prescence therefore stops you passing score with providers who run an automatic decision process.

Oh dear, my partner had requested a notice of correction the other night when he first noticed these on his file. Equifax did say it'd take 3-4 weeks to add on, so the application will be done long before that hopefully.
  • talulah25
    Options
    It would appear I spoke too soon, app went in today...immediately rejected due to this BG account.

My partner called BG call centre who only have access to 3 years worth of records, the guy could see that the last invoice was sent to our forwarding address in March 2012, that was approx 1 month after we moved. He advised we submit an online complaint which the data disputes team have 24 hours to respond to but said that if we gave sufficient mitigating circumstances for this debt remaining unpaid, BG would only remove derogatory status if the outstanding balance is paid in full.

Surely, if we are going on the fact that we had no knowledge of this debt and no attempt has been made in at least 5 and a half years to chase said debt, by paying it we are acknowledging it's legitimacy and therefore they have us cornered??

I don't know whether I would be better to post in Debt Free Wanabee forum, but would greatly appreciate any advice please!

Thanks
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    For others that stumble on this thread, always get a copy of credit report and Look at them IN ADVANCE of applying for a mortgage to ensure no surprises.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • David_White
    Options
    In light of this I would suggest you consider finding a new broker and cancelling the notice of correction.
    I am a Mortgage Broker
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it.
    This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser code of conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure