🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MBNA PPI Rejection advice

Options
Hi. I am glad to have found these boards.

I had a credit card with MBNA from 2004 - 2014. As far as I am know, PPI was on the card for the duration. I wasn't aware of what the cover was for or even that it was there until I had almost cleared the balance. I was young and naive and probably accepted the cover as I thought it would improve my chances of getting approved for the card. I had the financial support of my parents to fall back on so didn’t need the cover.

I recently lodged a PPI miss-sell complaint via the MBNA website form. They agreed to refund me the unfair commission under the Plevin ruling; a total of around £600, but rejected the miss-sell complaint on the basis that they had sent a letter in 2013 making me aware I had the product and that there was a 3 year time-limit (bar) from the date of the letter for raising a complaint. I cannot remember receiving this letter; if I did I may have reacted on it. I was working and living in London at the time but the correspondance was going to my parents because I didn't trust my house-mates and I did almost everything online.

Do I have any grounds to challenge their decision and further my complaint or will the ombudsmen side with MBNA?

Thank you in advance

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills