What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 13th November?

Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Up early today to take OH for a fasting blood test at the surgery. Horrible icy morning with poor visibility too :( Anyway, done now, and all back in one piece. Got back, and OH's MRI scan appointment has arrived, 28 November, so at least we should know what needs doing after that :)

Apart from emptying the DW and doing a bowlful of washing up (I tend to do the few things that can't go in the DW in the morning, and it makes sense to do any other bits that are hanging around at the same time) and walking the dog, I haven't done much else yet. Actually I have done the postal survey stuff and put the dry washing off the airer into the airing cupboard, and put the airer away too :)

Today's plans:
    Need to do a shop
    And go to sales unit
    But both of these can wait till the frost / ice has gone off the roads!
    Clean slightly sticky kitchen floor :eek:
    Maybe a bit more gardening - I need to fork over the bed I cleared yesterday and sow some broad bean seeds. Will see what the weather looks like later, sun seems to be coming out :)
    Easy dinner tonight, tortellini with HM tomato sauce from freezer, topped with grated cheese and browned under grill. Just need a salad to go with that :)
    Check banks
    Check for surveys
    Look in trunk upstairs to see what I have in the way of Christmas cards and wrapping paper :)

Hope everyone is ok on this cold morning!
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all!

I am working 1-9pm today so it will be leftover French onion soup for lunch before I go.

I picked up the books for my mum last night so will bring them in and sort and scan the 'modern' ones she doesn't like.

I need to track down a good, sturdy box to send off some stuff to Amazon.

Dinner tonight will probably be a selection of reduced cheeses and stuff.

Have a good day all, good news about he appointment, Dawn, hope it turns out to be something easily sortable.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi gang :wave:

DawnW – sorry to hear about your OH, hope he gets some answers soon. Lots of love :grouphug:
    Foxgloves – thanks for the yarn tips – I might make a start of sorting stuff out this weekend. Don’t have too much… I don’t think… :o

Here’s me:
    Free brekkie in work :cool:
    Free tea in work :cool:
    Packed lunch – hm noodle pot :A – it’s more delicious because I found dubious ‘liquid seasoning’ stuff in the world foods aisle :cool:
    Fake away pizza tonight ;)
    Bit of shopping on lunch – saved most of the Christmas pot so far so it’s nice to know it’s already been paid for sortofa :dance:
    Need to ring car insurance peeps – feels good to have that money saved too. :T
    Bought a toy for the xmas toy appeal. Ho ho ho.
    Crocheting hats this weekend :cool:

I’ve got a 15% off smiggle code that needs to be used soon…does anyone want it?

BTW, I've really noticed a difference with coming home on lunch - today was my only 'wandering round the shops' lunch break :eek:

Night in with Children in Need tonight :beer:

xx
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening Friday Frugalistas,
    Not much to report today. Have felt very stressed.....am back on the herbal relaxants (the legal kind)...
    *Soup from freezer for lunch. It was so useful doing that big batch when we had a glut of home grown tomatoes.
    *Parked on outskirts of town for free & walked in.
    *Potatoes from market for cheapness & only a few food miles.
    *Free coffee from Waitrose while I picked up my click n collect order.
    *Small cheque arrived in post. Paid it into bank & used it to buy remaining Christmas cards & a stash of Christmas stamps.
    *Vacuumed all of upstairs esp. foxgloves HQ which was Dust Central.
    *Investigate how to unstick piano without spending money.....am thinking WD40.
    *Continue to knit up stash for charity stall. Only 1 more stocking to knit, then I can sew them up & start on the next design.
    *Tomorrow's packed lunch ready to go.
    Cat is NOT being money saving. Two tiny bites of his meat & stalked off. Upmarket meat, too. He is Mr Naughty tonight.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • DawnW
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    Morning all :)
    Up early today to take OH for a fasting blood test at the surgery. Horrible icy morning with poor visibility too :( Anyway, done now, and all back in one piece. Got back, and OH's MRI scan appointment has arrived, 28 November, so at least we should know what needs doing after that :)

Apart from emptying the DW and doing a bowlful of washing up (I tend to do the few things that can't go in the DW in the morning, and it makes sense to do any other bits that are hanging around at the same time) and walking the dog, I haven't done much else yet. Actually I have done the postal survey stuff and put the dry washing off the airer into the airing cupboard, and put the airer away too :)

Today's plans:
    Need to do a shop Done, need to look at spends and update signature (bought a couple of presents along with normal shop, which will come from a different budget)
    And go to sales unit Done, can't really tell if anything has sold ... but managed to fit a few more things onto my shelves, so I guess something must have
    But both of these can wait till the frost / ice has gone off the roads!
    Clean slightly sticky kitchen floor :eek: Done
    Maybe a bit more gardening - I need to fork over the bed I cleared yesterday and sow some broad bean seeds. Will see what the weather looks like later, sun seems to be coming out :)Not done, too cold :eek:
    Easy dinner tonight, tortellini with HM tomato sauce from freezer, topped with grated cheese and browned under grill. Just need a salad to go with that :)Done, I made roasted tomato sauce with my glut Foxgloves :)
    Check banks Done
    Check for surveys Several for onepoll, and some for Prolific too
    Look in trunk upstairs to see what I have in the way of Christmas cards and wrapping paper :)Not been right up to the top floor yet

Hope everyone is ok on this cold morning!

Also managed another dog walk, redid the freezer inventory, listed an item on ebay, and had 2 small sales which I will need to pack over the weekend :)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning Saturday Savers, rise & shine!!
    On today's list:
    *All my usual little energy-saving measures.
    *Spare beef chunks frozen ages ago going in slow cooker for steak & kidney. Will serve with mash & a round-up of veg which needs using.
    *Bake granary loaf.
    *Update budgets.
    *Write letter. Already have a stamp & will be recycling an envelope.
    *Already done a survey. Yougov up to £31 again.
    *Finish shopping list.
    *Continue knitting Christmas tree decs. Am doing stars today. The purple mohair didn't work so am knitting in cream with sparkley silver sequins. Will use up the mohair on something else.
    *Make definitive list of Christmas/bday gifts for mr f (December bday). I ordered something ages ago (a pre-order as it wasn't published) which I had totally forgotten about until he started fishing a bit to see if it had come. I think I need 1 more fun inexpensive thing & that will be it.
    Ok, that's the plan. No spending opportunities today as mr f has to work all day the other side of the county, so I don't have the car.
    Have a good weekend all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi kidz :wave:

So...OH is out with his mates today, so you know what that means... my favourite kind of day - at home sorting things out. :D Sounds similar foxgloves :)

Here's me
    - Clean round
    - WM on quick wash as many times as poss
    - Food from stores
    - Check banking/YNAB
    - Bit of online Christmas shopping if poss
    - Crochet
    - Dog walk

Catch up soon!
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Morning everyone

I haven't had a chance to post but have been reading to keep up when I have a quick 5 minutes.

Have had a really busy week with a couple of nightmare days where things just didn't go right. Finally went to GP as after effects of food poisoning still havent settled down and i still cant eat a proper meal. Still on snacks, just having to build up slowly but just have to be careful with autoimmune issues but i feel good except for sore tubes........my target.......to eat my Christmas dinner without suffering!!!
    foxgloves love to hear about when ur OH is planning one of his epic man stews, always makes me smile
    DawnW really hoping that the mri will uncover answers for ur OH, that just having some answers will take some pressure off you and ur OH. Sometimes just having the knowledge of how the hospital will move forward helps.

After me and technology had a falling out, I managed to catch up on a lot of basics last night.
    Also managed to finally wrap a parcel for my cousins new baby, so want to get to the post office this morning. Postage already paid with RM survey stamps.
    Banking all checked and up to date
    Stripped my bed, now in the wash. Once back from post office will remake my bed.
    Really need to sort out the living room it's become a dumping ground.
    Cat cleaning just to finish.
    Also did my big cat food shop this week using a £4 money off voucher.
    Might go to a sports training session later, will see how I feel.

Have a good day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Lottebear
    Options
    Morning Lovelies,

I have had a good week

- My benefit payment has been paid it has taken 12 weeks and was more than I thought it would be. Relieved is the word.

- My you gov payment arrived too, so I have completed my Christmas shopping, I try and do it before 1st Dec after years of working in retail and also opt out the last minute panic buy overspend, I have cut back this year and just done one thing per person, plus some smellies.

- Warm home discount has been applied too, this will help with energy bills and mean DD and I are warm this winter. I will keep direct debit the same if I can and build up some credit.

Last week I shopped at a discount supermarket it was about £20 cheaper although some of the food I would not have again it proves there are some good things out there. Very little wastage this week.

Very little planned for this week.
  • DawnW
    Options
    Mornng all :)
    Sorry to hear you are still poorly HK :( Hope you are better soon!
    Rainy miserable day today, but I don't have to go anywhere :)
    No spending planned as I shopped yesterday :)
    I have walked the dog, put a beef stew in the SC for later and tidied up a bit. I will walk the mutt again later, but not sure what else. I will probably do a bit of sorting / decluttering and wrap the ebay items for posting on Monday, as it is too wet for gardening today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure