Late December holidays

Options
13»

Comments

• nirajn123
    Options
    Yes I can do between 25th Dec and 31st Jan, but that hasn't made much difference to the price when I checked.

Been to Egypt (Sharm) just before it was closed down, it was a good holiday and good value for money even then. Not too keen to return, would love to go somewhere else.
  • trixie73
    Options
    We have been going to playa blanca,lanzarote, in late December, for the last 4 years.
    Weather wise it has been pretty good with plenty of sunshine,but can be windy. Price wise, it seems to be cheaper to fly before Xmas rather than after, but I would say the prices seem to rise,not fall, the nearer it gets.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    nirajn123 wrote: »
    Yes I can do between 25th Dec and 31st Jan, but that hasn't made much difference to the price when I checked....

31st Dec isn't within 6 weeks from now so cheaper scheduled airline prices aren't yet on sale.

How much is the fine if your 10 year old child isn't at school on the first day of term in January?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Dell2u
    Dell2u Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We go to Fuerteventura every year - sometimes early December, mostly boxing day. Lovely and hot, super sunshine with maybe only one or two cloudy / showery days. Sometimes slight chill in evening if windy. Always get cheap flight especially prior to Xmas.
  • nirajn123
    Options
    His school doesn’t open until 9th, but I would prefer to have a days rest after we return, although I’ll keep looking as we get closer to that time. Thanks
  • nirajn123
    Options
    An update which might help someone. I finally booked Goa holiday couple of weeks ago - overall it was a good value for money.

I must say though that the prices haven't really came down at all when I checked today. A number of dates have now sold out too. It will be interesting to see it this is true for off-peak periods too (certainly outside of super peak). It is a pity that I can't go outside of peak periods due to schools/work commitments.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nirajn123 wrote: »
    An update which might help someone. I finally booked Goa holiday couple of weeks ago - overall it was a good value for money.

I must say though that the prices haven't really came down at all when I checked today. A number of dates have now sold out too. It will be interesting to see it this is true for off-peak periods too (certainly outside of super peak). It is a pity that I can't go outside of peak periods due to schools/work commitments.

Just need to get the Indian visas sorted now then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure